(单词翻译:单击)
视听原文
Thank God you didn't.
谢天谢地你没去
Oh, my God. Thank God you didn't.
哦,上帝 谢天谢地你没去
Thank God I didn't and you didn't. If one of us had showed up alone...
谢天谢地你没去我也没去 如果我们俩只有一个去了...
...that would have sucked. I was so concerned. ...
对方就被骗了 我过去一直很担心
I felt horrible about not being there, but I couldn't. My grandma died...
没能去成我真的很担心,但是 我真的去不成。我奶奶去世了...
...and she was buried that day, December 1 6th. ...
而且她那一天下葬,10月16日
The one in Budapest? Yes. You remember that?
布达佩斯的那个吗? 是的。你还记得?
I remember everything. Of course, it was in your book.
所有的事我都记得 当然,你都写在了书里
But anyway, I was about to fly to Vienna, you know...
但是不管怎么说,我都准备 去维也纳的,你知道...
...and we heard the news about her, and of course I had to go to the funeral. ...
我们听到了她的消息 当然我不得不去参加葬礼
Yeah, I'm sorry to hear that.
是的,听到这我很难过
I know. But you weren't there anyway.
我知道。但是无论怎样你都没去
Wait. Why weren't you there?
等等。你为什么又没去呢
I would have been there if I could have. I made plans....
如果能去起我一定去了 我计划了...
You better have a good reason.
你最好有个好理由
重点讲解
重点单词:
1、concern
vt. 涉及,关系到;使担心
n. 关系;关心;关心的事
The group has expressed concern about reports of political violence in Africa.
该集团已对有关非洲政治暴力的报道表示担忧。
2、horrible
adj. 可怕的;极讨厌的
Her voice sounds horrible.
她的嗓音难听死了。
3、funeral
n. 葬礼;麻烦事
adj. 丧葬的,出殡的
The funeral will be held in Joplin, Missouri.
该葬礼将在密苏里州的乔普林市举行。
4、anyway
adv. 无论如何,不管怎样;总之
I'm certain David's told you his business troubles. Anyway, it's no secret that he owes money.
我肯定戴维已经告诉了你他生意上的麻烦。反正他欠钱不是什么秘密。
重点短语:
1、show up
露面;露出;揭露
The orange colour shows up well against most backgrounds.
橙色在多数背景下都很能突显出来。
考考你(翻译):
1、该行动是针对公众日益增长的对该疾病传播的担忧而采取的。
2、困难来临时,他们就表现得很自私,很令人厌恶。
3、葬礼不是幽默的场合。
答案下期公布:
上期答案:
1、Even then, he spoke only vaguely about holding Libyan officials accountable for their crimes.
2、They are already familiar faces on our TV screens.
3、I imagine you're referring to Jean-Paul Sartre.