(单词翻译:单击)
视听原文
so I called 91 1, and the cops came eventually.
所以我打了911 最后警察终于来了
Like three hours later. Yeah, after I had been raped and killed.
是不是三个小时后 是的,我已经被人先奸后杀了
No, but it was a man and a woman officer.
没有,来的是一男一女俩个警察
I was explaining what I had heard
当我正在解释我听到 什么的时候
when the woman had to go move the police car.
女警察说她有事 不得不回到车里去
I was left alone with the male cop.
留下我和那个男警察在一起
Right away he asked me if I had a gun, and I said, "No, of course not."
他立刻就问我有没有枪 我说,“没,我怎么会有枪?”
And he told me, "Well, you better think about getting one.
他告诉我,“好吧 你最好考虑搞一把”
This is America, not France. Okay? "
“这儿是美国,不是法国,知道吗”
And I said to him, "I have no idea how to shoot a gun
我告诉他,“我不会开枪..”
and I have no interest in firearms whatsoever."
“我对任何武器都不感兴趣”
And that's when he pulled out his gun, like this, and he went:
那时他拔出了枪 就象这样,他说:
"Well, one day, you're gonna have something like this in your face
“好吧,有一天,有人会 拿枪这样对着你的脸”
and if you wanna have a long life
“如果你想活的久点儿的话”
you're gonna have to choose between you or them."
“你必须在你和 他们之间作出选择”
And then they left. And the next morning I called for an application to get a gun.
然后他们走了,第二天我 就写了申请要搞一把枪来
重点讲解
重点单词:
1、eventually
adv. 最后,终于
Eventually, the army caught up with him in Latvia.
部队终于在拉脱维亚追上了他。
2、application
n. 应用;申请;应用程序;敷用
His application for membership of the organization was rejected.
他对该组织会员资格的申请被拒绝了。
3、whatsoever
pron. 无论什么
My school did nothing whatsoever in the way of athletics.
我的学校就体育运动而言没有任何作为。
重点短语:
1、pull out
离开,撤离;拔出;渡过难关;
She pulled out into the street.
她将车开到了街上。
2、leave alone
不打扰;不干涉;不管;不理
The committe left alone his proposal.
委员会不理会他的建议。
考考你(翻译):
1、你的孩子最终会离开家,作为完全独立的成年人过她自己的日子。
2、该业务是一个可以通过因特网访问的软件应用程序。
3、世界银行应该退出这个项目。
答案下期公布:
上期答案:
1、She had definitely decided that she wanted to continue working with women in prison.
2、The violence in her tone gave Tyler a shock.
3、He ran into Krettner in the corridor a few minutes later.