电影微视听附讲解《征婚广告》第38期:他醉得厉害
来源:可可英语 日期:2013-04-13

视听原文

Just hold that thought. Where do you live?
安心等着, 你住哪?
Of course you realize when Jake gets here, you’ll have to excuse yourself.
你一定明白 当杰克回来时你就得回避
Bob! Bobby. No, Bob.
鲍伯,鲍比,不,鲍伯
- You dropped these on my driveway. - Oh, thank you.
-你把这个掉在我车道上了 -谢谢
I’m really sorry. I’m sure that seemed pretty awkward, huh?
真不好意思,那场面想必很尴尬吧?
No, no. Routine, really.
不,很正常,真的
There’s nothing going on there with me and June.
我和琼什么事都没有
They were late from the museum, and I made her stay for dinner.
他们回来晚了,所以我留她吃晚饭
Well, thank you for bringing these
... 谢谢你送这些...
- You’re back. - Yeah, he... He passed out.
-你回来了 -对,他...他醉得厉害
He couldn’t tell me where he lived.
没法告诉我他住哪
- 321 something. - Yeah, that was all I got.
-总之是321号 -对,我就听到这些
- I’m Bob, by the way. - Oh, my manners have completely left me.
-我叫鲍伯 -哦,我都忘了介绍了
- I’m so sorry. Jake Anderson. - How you doing?
-不好意思,杰克-安德森 -你好
- My brother Michael. - Oh, sorry. Here you go.
-我兄弟迈克 -不好意思,打个招呼
Pleasure to meet you.
幸会
This is Bob connor, parent at the school.
这是鲍伯-康纳,学生家长
We were just... what were we?
我们刚才...什么事来着?
Sarah left stuff at my place tonight, thought it’d be better to get it back.
莎拉今晚把东西丢在我那了, 所以我给送过来
I’ll get out of the way.
我就走
- Talk to you tomorrow, Sarah. Okay? - Okay.
-明天再聊好吗? -好的
- Nice to meet you guys. - Pleasure.
-两位幸会 -幸会
Hey, I better get going. Where do you want me to put him?
我得走了,该把他放在哪?
- Maybe I’ll put him here. - No, you don’t...
-也许就放这吧 -不,你别...
we’re sitting down now, buddy.
坐好,伙计
Yeah, I...
好了,我...
- I better get going. - You don’t have to go. You could stay. Sit.
-我还是走吧 -没必要走,你可以留下,坐吧
No, no, no. Really, I should go.
不,真的,我该走了

重点讲解

重点单词:
1、drop
vt. 滴;使降低;使终止;随口漏出
vi. 下降;终止
n. 滴;落下;空投;微量;滴剂
Temperatures can drop to freezing at night.
晚上气温能陡降到零度以下。


2、awkward
adj. 尴尬的;笨拙的;棘手的;不合适的
I was the first to ask him awkward questions but there'll be harder ones to come.
我是第一个问他尴尬问题的人,但后面还会有更棘手的问题。

3、manner
n. 方式;习惯;种类;规矩;风俗
I'm a professional and I have to conduct myself in a professional manner.
我是专业人士,必须以专业方式行事。

4、stuff
n. 东西;材料;填充物;素材资料
vt. 塞满;填塞;让吃饱
vi. 吃得过多
He pointed to a duffle bag. "That's my stuff."
他指着一个旅行袋。“那是我的东西。”

重点短语:
1、pass out
昏倒,失去知觉;分发
Of course, they believe they pass out.
当然他们是相信自己昏倒了的。


2、get back
回来;恢复;取回;重新上台
Then life started to get back to normal.
后来生活又开始恢复到正常状态。

考考你:
1、他准备好了接受一次工资的快速下调。
2、我可以给自己塞下10块巧克力,并在半小时后再大吃一顿。
3、散发小广告传单,分发宣传手册或者发布新闻稿件都有助于建立公司形象。
答案下期公布:

上期答案:
1、Otherwise, my shop will sell out.
2、He invited me to go into partnership with him.
3、You may depend on the accuracy of the report.