电影随身听附讲解《征婚广告》第18期:看起来你并没那么绝望
日期:2012-12-18 20:25

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

It’s just that voluptuous, that tends to go the other way...
不过人们通常用这个词时...
...when someone uses that phrase. ...
是另有所指
Towards the fullfigured end of the spectrum.
在外貌修辞中更接近丰满的形象
I didn’t know there was a fullfigured spectrum.
我可不知道什么外貌修辞
It’s one of those words they use in personal ads...
是人们用于征友广告的词汇...
...like "Rubenesque" or "weight proportionate to height." ...
例如"鲁本斯风格", 或者"体重身高相称"
Hey, it’s your ad. You can say whatever you want, I’m...
自己的广告,想怎么写都行...
Just for the record, girl says "athletic," she means "flatchested." which you’re not.
就经验而言,女人"说喜欢运动" 是指"平胸",当然你不是
But... This isn’t coming out right.
不过我不是这意思
Look, you know, I’m sorry.
听我说,对不起
I’m... I’m a little nervous. I’m not used to meeting people this way.
我有点紧张, 我不习惯这种结识人的方式
Really? You seem very practiced and smooth.
是吗?可你表现很老练啊
Your ad doesn’t do you justice. Well, maybe you should rewrite my ad.
你的广告并不贴切也许你能替我重写
Well, maybe I don’t want to. And why not?
也许我并不想那样 为什么?
Because maybe I don’t want anyone else to answer it.
因为我可能并不希望有其他人回复
Did you plan on saying that sometime today?
这套说辞你早准备好了吧?
No, I didn’t. But it’s good, isn’t it? It is good.
不,没有,不过还不赖是吧? 确实不赖
It’s a good line. Maybe we should try this over again.
是一句好诗也许我们该从头来过
Hi, I’m Jake.
嗨,我是杰克
Sarah.
莎拉
So why would you even write an ad? You don’t seem that desperate.
你干嘛要弄个广告?看起来你并没那么绝望
Why would you answer one? Talk about desperate.
说到绝望,你又干嘛回复呢?
I’m not. I mean, I didn’t. It was my friend’s. He gave it to me.
我没有,其实是我朋友代我回复的
I didn’t write it. My sister did. Your sister’s ad.
我也没写,是我姐姐写的你姐姐写的?
Your brother’s dog. Those your shoes?
你弟弟的狗,鞋是你的吗?
Oh, my. Look at the time! Come on, honey.
老天,看看时间,过来,宝贝
What I’m trying to say is I’d like to get to know you.
我这么说是因为我想了解你
I have to get this dog home, and you don’t want to go over on your rental.
我得送狗回家,你大概不急于物归原主
Maybe we could try this another time. You know, without the dogs.
也许我们能下次再聊,不带狗
You bet.
当然
I’ll call you.
我会打电话给你
Sarah, for the record...
莎拉,老实说...
...you are kind of voluptuous in a minimalist sort of way. ...
"性感"只能最低限度地形容你

重点解释

重点单词:
1、voluptuous
adj. 撩人的;骄奢淫逸的;沉溺酒色的
Her flamboyant image was attractive and inviting. She had a distinctive soft voice and a voluptuous figure.

她艳丽的形象非常诱人,还有着独特的温柔嗓音和撩人的身段。


2、proportionate
adj. 成比例的;相称的;适当的
vt. 使成比例;使相称
Are its actions proportionate to the military gain?
其行动是否和军事目标相称?


3、 justice
n. 司法,法律制裁;正义;法官,审判员
We must hold to the principles of justice.

我们必须信守正义的原则。


4、 desperate
adj. 不顾一切的;令人绝望的;极度渴望的
But the question is should we be desperate at all?

但问题是我们就应该这样绝望下去吗?

重点短语:
1、be used to
be used to 报错 习惯于
These could be used to back the guarantees on Greek debt.

这些都可以被用于为担保希腊债务给予支持。


2、talk about
谈论某事
We all have goals and dreams – whether or not we ever talk about them, or write them down.

我们都是有目标和梦想的,即使我们并没有说出来或者写下来。

3、go over
复习,重温;仔细检查;转变;润色
We must go over the mountain.

我们必须越过那座山。

考考你:
1、那么,你认为俄罗斯的反映是否足够并且适当?
2、我们就这场战争的正义性激烈地争了起来。
3、和你信任的某人共同探讨这份清单。


答案下期公布:

上期答案:


1、Where are these amazing photos you say?
2、But I concluded that no one ruin is like another.
3、It's not true. She made it up.

分享到
重点单词
  • militaryadj. 军事的 n. 军队
  • phrasen. 短语,习语,个人风格,乐句 vt. 措词表达,将(
  • distinctiveadj. 独特的
  • flamboyantadj. 艳丽的,炫耀的,火焰式的 n. 凤凰木
  • ruinv. 毁灭,毁坏,破产 n. 毁灭,崩溃,废墟
  • attractiveadj. 有吸引力的,引起注意的
  • smoothadj. 平稳的,流畅的,安祥的,圆滑的,搅拌均匀的,可
  • athleticadj. 运动的,活跃的,健壮的
  • desperateadj. 绝望的,不顾一切的
  • figuren. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型 v. 演算,