电影随身听附讲解《征婚广告》第4期:输要输的漂亮
日期:2012-11-17 12:33

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

That was one race, and I’ve made some adjustments, charlie.
只比过一次,而且我已经做了改进
Wood boats can win, trust me on that. They can’t win.
木船能赢,相信我赢不了。
That’s why people don’t want them.
所以才没人要。
They can’t win, but they lose beautifully.
赢不了也能输得漂亮。
And the whole experience is just better. Look at this.
有完整的经验才会更好,看这条。
I’m making these boats the exact same way...
我用的方法
...the Spanish and the Portuguese made their ships of exploration.

和葡萄牙人制造探险船的一样。
There’s a continuity at stake here, charlie.
这是一个传承的问题,查理。
This is more than a boat.
这不只是一条船。
This is a time machine. Lf you paid this much attention to Lisa...
这是架时间机器要是你对莉莎也这么用心...
...you’d still be together. This is true.
你们就不会散 这我承认。
But you know what? If I had to do it it all over again, I wouldn’t.
但知道吗?我并不想重来一次。
I wouldn’t. Lisa taught me about sadness...
不想, 莉莎让我明白了人类品行上的...
...about human frailty... ...
可悲之处...
...and how unbearably fleeting happiness can be.
以及什么是好景不常,情何以堪。
I’m gonna owe her for the rest of my life. Oh, you’ll be paying. Monthly.
我终生感谢她 对,你得付赡养费。
Hope you don’t mind that I brought Mother Teresa.
但愿你不介意我把特蕾莎带来。
Are you kidding? I love this girl. Mother Teresa, do you have a friend for me?
开玩笑,我喜欢它, 特蕾莎,你有朋友介绍给我吗?
Hey, is everything all right at home?
家里一切还好吧?
Yeah, Jennifer just gets tired of all the family gatherings.
是的,不过詹妮弗厌烦了家庭聚会。
Too many old stories. It makes her feel left out.
老故事让她觉得被冷落了。
Yeah. Kevin used to say that.
凯文也说过。
I still say it. I say it too.
我还是要说 我也是。

重点解释

重点单词:
1、adjustment
n. 调整,调节;调节器
But I started the adjustment when I started working work for Governor Bush in early 1999 as policy director.
但我一开始为布什工作,就开始调整了,那是在1999年初,我是政策司长。


2、exact
adj. 准确的,精密的;精确的
vt. 要求;强求;急需
vi. 勒索钱财
Cut it into two exact halves.
把它切成准确的两半儿。

3、exploration
n. 探测,探究,踏勘
A big program of oil exploration has begun offshore.
一个大规模的石油勘探计划正在近海展开。

4、unbearably
adv. 不堪忍受地;无法容忍地
It would be unbearably painful to test each of these combinations by hand.
手动测试每个组合将是不能忍受的痛苦。


重点短语:
1、at stake
危如累卵,处于危险中,在紧要关头
At stake is not only the health of humans but that of the earth.
现在,面临危险的,不仅是人类的健康,更是地球的未来。

2、pay attention to
注意,重视
In doing our work, we must pay attention to ways and means.
做工作应注意方式方法。

3、get tired of
厌烦;对…感到厌倦
But we get tired of saying that long expression, so we're going to call that a Newton, right?
但我们不想说得这么复杂,所以把这个单位称为"牛顿",对吧


考考你:
1、确切数量目前尚不能确定。

2、处于紧要关头的不仅是人类的健康,还有的是地球的健康。

3、如果你厌烦了他们,就告诉全息甲板,让他们在一眨眼的工夫里消失。

答案下期公布:


上期答案:
1、这个人把我整惨了,他用成堆的文件把我活埋,真是恐怖。
2、Not possible, as far as we know.
3、He was an excellent player, but he was overshadowed by Jordan.

分享到
重点单词
  • fleetingadj. 飞逝的(疾驰的,短暂的,急走的) 动词flee
  • staken. 桩,赌注,利害关系 v. 下注,用桩支撑
  • explorationn. 探险,踏勘,探测
  • adjustmentn. 调整
  • directorn. 董事,经理,主管,指导者,导演
  • continuityn. 连续性
  • frailtyn. 脆弱,意志薄弱,虚弱,弱点