电影随身听附讲解《征婚广告》第11期:如果我失控怎么办?
日期:2012-12-04 18:36

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

I’m dating again. I can’t do this! It’s okay. Come on.
又要约会,我办不到 这没关系。
Oh, my God.
老天。
No, you’ll be fine, it’s okay. It’ll be fun.
你不会有事的 会很有意思的。
What if he wants to have sex? What if I want to?
他有性要求怎么办?我有又怎么办?
You don’t understand. It’s been a long time, christine. I could freak out.
你不明白,我单身太久,很可能会失态。
What if I can’t control myself?
如果我失控怎么办?
You’re meeting for muffins in a public place. I think you’ll be safe.
你们是在公共场合会面, 我相信你是安全的。
Dad? Sarah.
爸? 莎拉。
My darling girl.
亲爱的。
Darling, don’t you put the sunshine to shame.
亲爱的,你能让阳光黯然失色。
What are you doing here?
你在这干嘛?
That’s a fine howdoyoudo from one of my favorite daughters.
我最喜欢的女儿竟然就这样跟我问好。
I’m sorry, it’s just that I’m meeting a... why do you have a yellow...?
对不起,我是来见 你怎么有朵黄...
Is that a rose? It is a rose, if the truth be told.
那是玫瑰吗? 是玫瑰,如果名字没弄错的话。
But by any other name...
不过其他的什么叫法....
And it’s for a lady friend, isn’t it? That is, in fact, the very purpose.
是为女性朋友准备的对吧? 对,一点不错。
No! Now, Sarah, come on.
不 莎拉,别这样。
It is a natural course of this life that your dad would have a lady friend by now.
你父亲现在需要一个女友是很正常的事。
I feel your mother whispering her approval to me every day.
我每天都感到你母亲在鼓励我这样做。
And would this lady friend be someone who might enjoy...
而这位女友将是一个懂得欣赏...
...the slow bloom of affection, perhaps?
...迟来的爱情之花的人,是不是?
That would be grand, yes.
那再好不过。
I’m your date, Dad.
就是我,爸爸。
Don’t laugh. It’s not funny!
别笑,这不好笑。
It shows I brought you up to know the diamond from the riffraff.
这表示我教会了你怎样去沙里淘金。
A young 50, Dad? You’re 71. 50
挂零?你71了。

重点解释

重点单词:
1、shame
n.羞耻,羞愧,憾事
I'm shamed to be your friend.

作为你的朋友我都感到丢脸。


2、 purpose
n. 目的;用途;意志
vt. 决心;企图;打算
They deviated from their purpose.
他们背离了自己的目的。

3、approval
n. 批准,认可,赞成
They voiced their approval of the plan.
他们对这项计划表示赞成。

4、affection
n. 喜爱,感情,影响,感染
She is glad to embosom his affection.
她喜悦地珍重他的爱情。

重点短语:
1、freak out
使处于极度兴奋中,崩溃
Gary freaked out and had a very hard time of it.

加里吸毒后产生幻觉,非常难受。


2、What if
假使…将会怎么样
What if I have no debts?

如果我没债务怎么办?

考考你:


1、如果这一切就是我们的生活,怎么办?

2、他想尽一切办法去实现他的目标。

3、他对这个小姑娘产生了一种奇怪的感情。


答案下期公布:

上期答案:


1、The situation illustrates how vulnerable the president is.
2、Stevens's murder was the result of a deep-seated and intense hatred.
3、Not only I like this movie, but my mother likes it as well.

分享到
重点单词
  • intenseadj. 强烈的,剧烈的,热烈的
  • hatredn. 憎恶,憎恨,怨恨
  • approvaln. 批准,认可,同意,赞同
  • controln. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置 vt. 控制,掌管,支
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • affectionn. 慈爱,喜爱,感情,影响
  • diamondn. 钻石,像钻石的物质,菱形,纸牌的方块,棒球内场 v
  • vulnerableadj. 易受伤害的,有弱点的