电影随身听附讲解《征婚广告》第2期:被怂恿去约会
日期:2012-11-12 12:24

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听
No. No way, I’m not going out with this guy.

不,不可能,我不会和这家伙约会 。

Just call him. Say hello. He’s in my book club.
打电话问个好而已,他就在我的书吧 。

Why is there a woman here? - It’s his wife.
怎么旁边有个女人? -是他妻子 。
They’re separated, but he didn’t want to Photoshop her out.
他们散了,虽然你不感兴趣, 可他也不想用电脑把她去掉。

If you’re not interested,they are in Hawaii.
假如你不感兴趣,他们在夏威夷。

It’s the Four Seasons. This could be you in the photograph.
夏威夷四季大酒店,你可以取代她 。

Well, if you change your mind. - I’ve got a picture too.
你看着办吧 -我也有张照片 。

Is that why you’re all here? The whole family?
全家出动就是为这事吗?

Everyone has a picture for me? - This is an intervention, Sarah.
每个人都准备了照片?算是干预吧。

He’s great. - A beautiful girl like you can’t just give up.
这个不错 -你这么漂亮,不应该放弃。

You were married to the same woman for 45 years, Dad.
爸,你和同一个人生活了45年。

There’s life after divorce.
离了婚也要生活。

What do you know about divorce? - Precious little,I admit.
你对离婚了解多少? -我承认很少。

The black specter of two lives torn asunder.
两个灵魂支离破碎造成的心理障碍。

Not helping, Dad.
没用的,爸。

I wish your mother were here, God rest her soul.
我希望你母亲没被上帝带走,莎拉。

She’d know what to say. - "Put on another pot of tea.
" 她会知道该怎么说 -"换一壶茶"。
That’s what she’d say. The Irish answer to all problems.
她会这样说, 爱尔兰人解决问题的方式。

Well, it worked most of the time. - Who is this? 大
多数时候都有效 -这是谁?

I have no idea, but if you’re interested, I’ll Google him.
不知道,你感兴趣的话我上网查查。

Is this it for food in this house, like, eight crackers?
脆饼,你就吃这些东西?

And what are these? Are these bananas?
这是什么?香蕉吗?

I think they were at one time. I’ll take one.
我想是的,曾经是 ,我来一支。

I guess I forgot to shop this month. - What are you gonna do, sis?
也许这个月我忘了去购物 -你想怎样,姐们?

I mean, really, it’s been eight months. Dad’s giving-up idea sounds intriguing.
实际上已经过去八个月了 -爸爸说的"放弃"是个好主意。

I could become the crazy aunt who moves in down in the basement.

我可能会变成搬进地下室的疯婆子。

Put a cot in for me, some herbal teas. I’d like to get a dog, if that’s okay?

帮我弄张床,弄点药茶, 我想要条狗,行吗?
重点解释

重点单词:
1、separate adj.各自的,(使)分开;(使)分离
Each villa has a separate sitting-room...
每栋别墅都有一间独立的起居室。
Police moved in to separate the two groups...
警方介入进来,将两拨人分开。

2、intervention n. 介入,干涉,干预;调解,排解
1.I dont know that we need more government intervention.
我并不认为我们需要政府的更多干预。
2.Military intervention will only aggravate the conflict even further.
军事介入只会是矛盾更加激化。

3、divoirce n. 离婚
Their divorce became final this weekend.
他们离婚一事在这周末尘埃落定。

4、intriguing adj.有趣的;迷人的
This intriguing book is both thoughtful and informative.
这本引人入胜的书既有思想性又富知识性。

重点短语:
1、change one’s mind 改变主意,变卦
And no chance to change one's mind.
但一旦跳楼就没机会改变主意了。

2、give up 放弃,交出,泄露
Coastguards had given up all hope of finding the two divers alive.
海岸警卫队对两位潜水员生还已完全不抱希望。
Georgia refuses to give up any territory.
格鲁吉亚拒绝出让任何领土。

考考你:翻译下面句子
1、Much good may result from his intervention in the dispute.
2、改变某人的主意或着设想与原来相反的看法。

答案下期公布:

上期答案:
1、It took me some time to work out what was causing this.
2、And even worse, yesterday he told her to take a hike.
3、The manager came up to us and suggested we take a hike.


分享到
重点单词
  • aggravatevt. 使 ... 恶化,使 ... 更严重 vt
  • disputev. 争论,争议,辩驳,质疑 n. 争论,争吵,争端
  • thoughtfuladj. 深思的,体贴的
  • territoryn. 领土,版图,领域,范围
  • basementn. 根基,地下室 n.(新英格兰)特别指学校中的
  • separaten. 分开,抽印本 adj. 分开的,各自的,单独的 v
  • interventionn. 插入,介入,调停
  • separatedadj. 分居;分开的;不在一起生活的 v. 分开;隔开
  • militaryadj. 军事的 n. 军队
  • preciousadj. 宝贵的,珍贵的,矫揉造作的 adv. 极其地