电影随身听附讲解《征婚广告》第19期:她很有创造性
日期:2012-12-20 16:24

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

He seems really excited about her. Where are Marc and Jason?
看来他很喜欢她 马克和杰森呢?
They took the kids to Magic Mountain.
带孩子去魔幻山了
The kids didn’t even really want to go. The dads whined.
他们还抱怨孩子们并不是真想去
Well, they’re so spoiled, those dads.
他们太宠着孩子了
So how was your day today? At the dog park?
你今天顺利吗?在公园?
How did you know about that? Who do you think you’re dealing with?
你怎么知道的? 你以为面对的是谁?
You’re good. I have to give you that. So come on.
我承认你厉害 那就快说
Tell me. Okay.
快 好吧
We got off to kind of a rough start. But then it was okay, you know?
开始有点糟糕,接下来挺不错
He was a little intense. He was nervous. He couldn’t stop insulting me.
他有点紧张,所以显得有点咄咄逼人
You know what this sounds like.
听起来你挺感兴趣
No, it’s not. Don’t say it. But it is. It’s a growth opportunity.
不是,别说了 是就是,这是个机会
I’m not over my last growth opportunity when you stole Danny Shea.
你偷走丹尼谢的那次机会我还没缓过来呢
Will you forget Danny Shea? He’s probably a convicted felon...
你能忘了丹尼谢吗? 他现在可能在蹲大狱...
...by now, divorced. ...
离了婚,也许你该去找他卡萝
Maybe you should call him. Carol.
可能我应当现在给他打电话。
What about that guy you met at preschool? You maimed his kid?
幼儿园认识的那家伙呢? 孩子受伤那个?
Bob connor. Yeah. Mr. Incorrigible.
鲍伯康纳 对,不可救药先生
I told you, I can’t. He’s the father of one of my students.
我说过不行,他是我学生的父亲
Yes, honey, but he’s not your father. That’s a big step forward for you.
没错,但不是你父亲, 那对你来说是个大突破
Bill. Dolly.
比尔多莉
Hey!
嘿!
What a lovely home you have, Dolly. Thank you.
你的家真漂亮,多莉谢谢
When my third husband died, I decided to give up the big house.
我第三任丈夫去世时我决定搬出大房子
Third out of how many?
一共有几个?
And these potholders?
还有这些杯垫
Where did you manage to find them?
你是从哪弄到的?
Everything in her houses had made by Dolly.
他房子里的东西都是比尔多莉做的。
Oh, yes. She’s very creative.
她很有创造性

重点解释

重点单词:
1、spoil
vt. 溺爱;糟蹋;掠夺
vi. 掠夺;变坏;腐败
n. 次品;奖品
Dad, why do you spoil me?

爸,为什么您要宠我?


2、 rough
adj. 粗糙的;粗略的;粗野的;艰苦的;未经加工的
vt. 使粗糙;粗暴对待;草拟
n. 艰苦;高低不平的地面;未经加工的材料;粗糙的部分
She ganged up on me with those rough boys.

她伙同那些粗野的男孩对付我。


3、intense
adj. 强烈的;紧张的;非常的;热情的
Competition among youths to enter the best colleges is intense.

青年人进名牌大学的竞争十分激烈。


4、insult
vt. 侮辱;辱骂;损害
n. 侮辱;凌辱;无礼
She was enraged at his insult.

她被他的侮辱激怒了。

重点短语:

1、deal with
处理;涉及;做生意
We often deal with him.

我们经常与他打交道。


2、give up
放弃
But I would not give up for anything.

我绝不会为任何事情放弃。

3、manage to do
挣扎做某事;设法完成某事
How did you manage to do that?

你是怎样处理这种情况?


考考你:
1、为了顾全面子,玛丽对于经理的侮辱只好忍气吞声。
2、如果你去参加野营,你就得过艰苦简陋的生活。

3、大多数人应该都能做到。


答案下期公布:

上期答案:


1、Do you think the Russian reaction was adequate and proportionate?
2、We tangled heatedly over the justice of the war.
3、Go over the list with someone you trust.

分享到
重点单词
  • creativeadj. 创造性的
  • spoiln. 战利品,奖品 v. 宠坏,溺爱,破坏,腐坏
  • incorrigibleadj. 无药可救的,积习难改的,固执的 n. 不可救药
  • adequateadj. 足够的,适当的,能胜任的
  • insultvt. 侮辱,凌辱,辱骂 n. 侮辱,辱骂
  • reactionn. 反应,反作用力,化学反应
  • intenseadj. 强烈的,剧烈的,热烈的
  • roughadj. 粗糙的,粗略的,粗暴的,艰难的,讨厌的,不适的
  • tangledadj. 紊乱的;纠缠的;缠结的;复杂的
  • competitionn. 比赛,竞争,竞赛