(单词翻译:单击)
吸血鬼日记
What'd we miss?We were just chatting.
我们错过什么了吗 我们刚在聊天
Drink, Damon?No, thanks, I'll pass.
要喝吗 达蒙 不用 谢了 不喝了
Stefan, do you have another dance in you?Absolutely.
斯特凡 你想再跳一曲吗 当然
重点讲解
1、absolutely
完全地;彻底地
Jill is absolutely right.
吉尔完全正确。
I absolutely refuse to get married.
我决不结婚。
(用于强调)确实地,绝对地
'It's worrying, isn't it?' – 'Absolutely.'
“这让人担忧,不是吗?”—“确实是。”
'Did they approach you?' – 'No, absolutely not.'
“他们找过你了吗?”—“没有,绝对没有。”
2、imply
暗指;暗示
'Are you implying that I have something to do with those attacks?' she asked coldly.
“你在暗示我和那些袭击有关吗?”她冷冷地问。
She felt undermined by the implied criticism.
她觉得这一含沙射影的批评对自己造成了不利影响。
含有…的意思;意味着
Exports in June rose 1.5%, implying that the economy was stronger than many investors had realized.
6 月份出口上升 1.5%,表明经济比许多投资者所认为的更要坚挺。
A 'frontier-free' Europe implies a greatly increased market for all economic operators.
“无国界的”欧洲对所有经营者来说都意味着一个大大扩展了的市场。
3、feign
装作;假装;冒充
One morning, I didn't want to go to school, and decided to feign illness.
有天早晨我不想上学,于是决定装病。
'Giles phoned this morning,' Mirella said with feigned indifference.
“贾尔斯今早来电话了,”米雷拉装作若无其事地说。
