(单词翻译:单击)
原文视听
提示:如视频加载失败,请刷新本页重新加载~
Stefan: I hope Damon didn't drive you too crazy.
希望Damon没让你太抓狂吧 。
Elena: No, actually, he was on good behavior. He even apologized and explained why he is the way he is. And it all goes back to Katherine. Hmm. So tell me about her. What happened?
没,一点也没有,他很绅士 。他甚至道了歉,解释了以前为什么那样做 。这一切都归结到Katherine的问题了 。嗯 。那就跟我谈谈她吧 。到底发生了什么?
Stefan: It's not something I like to talk about.
我不大想谈这个 。
Elena: I get that. I do. I just want you to know that you can. I mean, I burden you with all of my drama, And I want you to do the same.
我知道,真的 。我只是想让你知道我们可以敞开心扉 。我是说,我有什么不幸都向你诉苦 。我希望你也会那样 。
Stefan: I know. Thank you.
我明白 。谢了 。
Elena: The truth is, Stefan... I don't really know that much about you, And I'd really love it if you would open up to me.
可事实是,Stefan……我对你知之甚少 。我很希望你能对我敞开一切 。
Stefan: Damon said something, didn't he? He likes to play games and cause trouble, Elena.
Damon多嘴了,是吗?他总是喜欢玩诡计惹是生非,Elena 。
Elena: This isn't about Damon; it's about me trying to get to know you. Look, you're the mystery guy and I like that. But with mystery comes secrets, and this thing with Katherine.
这不关Damon的事,是我渴望想要了解你 。你是个神秘的男孩,我喜欢这点 。但当神秘成了秘密,还有关于Katherine的事,
Stefan: Let it go. I don't want to talk about it.
不要再提了,我不想谈这个 。
Elena: Well, then, say something about yourself. Anything. Otherwise, I'm left with nothing but what other people tell me.
好,那就说些关于你的,什么都行 。要不我就不得不听信流言蜚语了 。
Stefan: Don't you see what Damon has done here? He's trying to get you to turn against me.
你没看清楚Damon在干嘛吗?他就是想让你怀疑我 。
Elena: Well, then I guess it's working.
现在,我想他如愿以偿了 。
重点讲解
let go
放开,让……过去
Forgive and let go of it all.
原谅自己,让一切随风而逝吧 。
work
起作用
So how does it work?
那么它是如何起作用的呢?
剧情百科
恶作剧
恶作剧,就是故意与他人开玩笑、戏耍、互相捉弄的行为 。恶作剧最基本的形式即是故意使他人陷入窘境,并在旁观赏他人尴尬、吃惊、惶恐等等寻常难以得见的情绪表现,借此得到乐趣 。这种恶作剧纯粹是以满足行为人个人乐趣为目的,其他观看者或被恶作剧的人不一定也会觉得有趣,而且往往适得其反地令人憎恶 。这种恶作剧有时已经达到了欺凌或犯罪的程度,可能会面临始料未及的严重后果 。
考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.
1.We must learn to take realistic action towards change and _____ of any unproductive guilt for having what we have.
面对变化,我们必须学会采取符合实际的行动,让任何无用的对于“拥有我们所拥有的”负罪感走开 。
2.But we all know that’s not how it works.
但我们都知道,决心并不是这样起作用的 。
本期答案见下期,《吸血鬼日记》第33题目及答案:
1.But rather than concentrating resources in a small number of elite universities, the aim should be a _____ HE system.
但是与其把资源集中在少数精英大学上,不如将目标定为建立一个世界级的高等教育系统 。
2.It is one thing to rig up a client regime at the point of a bayonet, and _____ enough votes for it, as in Iraq.
在刺刀尖上用民主来包装一个附庸国并为它筹集足够的选票是一回事——就像伊拉克发生的那样 。
3.Choose a man and have him _____ me.
可以从你们中间拣选一人,使他下到我这里来 。
world-class;round up; come down to