(单词翻译:单击)
原文视听
提示:如视频加载失败,请刷新本页重新加载~
Stefan: Stop here.
在这儿停 。
Elena: What are we doing here?
我们要在这儿干嘛?
Stefan: I want to show you something.
想给你看点东西 。
Elena: In the middle of nowhere?
在这么人烟罕至的地方?
Stefan: This... didn't used to be nowhere. Used to be my home.
这里...过去并不荒凉 。这里曾经是我的家 。
Elena: It looks so...
它看起来真的...
Stefan: Old? It's because they are.
破旧?他们本来就年代久远 。
Elena: Wait. How long have you...
等等你多长时间...
Stefan: I've been 17 years old since 1864.
自1864年起我就一直是17岁 。
Elena: Oh, my god.
哦上帝 。
Stefan: You said you wanted to know. I'm not gonna hold anything back. Half century before the boardinghouse was even built, this was my family's home. Damon and I... We were both born here. The Salvatore brothers, best friends.
你不是想知道么!我会毫无保留地告诉你,半世纪前还没建起那座公寓的时候,这里就是我的家 。Damon和我... 我们都出生在这儿,Salvatore兄弟也是最好的朋友 。
Damon: Raah!
啊!
Stefan: Wait. Where did you learn this game?
等等你从哪儿学会这个游戏的?
Damon: Camp outside Atlanta. One of the officers picked it up at Harvard. Catch.
在亚特兰大营外面,有个官员在哈弗学会了这个游戏接住 。
Stefan: Wait a minute. Wait a minute. What are the rules? What are the rules?
等一下等一下 。规则? 规则是怎么样的?
Katherine: Who needs rules? Mind if I join you?
要什么规则? 我可以和你们一起玩么?
Stefan: Uh, well, you could, uh... you could get hurt. My brother likes to play rough.
呃你可以... 你会受伤的 。我哥哥打球很野蛮 。
Katherine: Somehow, I think that you play rougher.
但是我觉得你更野蛮 。
Damon: Why are you just standing there? That is a girl who clearly wants to be chased. If you don't do it, I will.
你站在那儿干嘛? 有个女生很明显要我们去追她 。如果你不追的话我去了哦 。
Elena: You knew Katherine in 1864? Damon made it seem like...
你们在1864就认识Katherine了? Damon把这件事说得...
Stefan: Damon was trying to make you think that... I was still heartbroken. He saw that I was happy with you, And he wanted to ruin it.
Damon想让你认为... 我还旧情难忘,他嫉妒我们在一起很快乐 。于是想从中作梗 。
Elena: All because you loved the same girl 145 years ago?
就因为你们在145年前喜欢上了同一个女孩?
Stefan: She wasn't just any girl.
她不是个普通的女孩 。
重点讲解
in the middle of nowhere
在偏僻的地方【前不着村后不着店】
She lives on a small farm in the middle of nowhere.
她住在一个偏僻的小农场上
。somehow
以某种方法,莫名其妙的【不知怎么的】
They somehow supplemented each other.
它们却起着互相补充的作用
。剧情百科
剧情简介
Stefan和Damon都是吸血鬼,并且兄弟俩有一段漫长的辛酸史 。Damon嘲笑Stefan放弃了他们暴力和凶残的传统,但他理解弟弟对Elena的痴情,因为Elena和一个半世纪前让他们兄弟俩终身难忘的一个女子长得几乎一模一样,现在这对一正一邪的兄弟,为了Elena和她的朋友,家人和小镇上所有人的生命而爆发了战斗……
考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.
1.We were _____ , but anything seemed better than going driving with them.
我们不知道自己身处何地,但总比同他们一起走好得多
。2. All these activities gave him a full schedule,but _____ he managed.
所有这些活动使他一天忙到晚,但他还是顶下来了
。本期答案见下期,《吸血鬼日记》第42题目及答案:
1.Oh _____, now that 's just what I needed !
该死! 这下可好了
。2. _____ again jumping to conclusions on the slightest evidence.
你又来这一套了--仅凭一点点证据就匆忙下结论.
damn it; there you go