电影《好运之人》精讲第22期:男人是责无旁贷的
日期:2014-07-23 22:23

(单词翻译:单击)

视听原文

You're on the wrong side, pal. Yeah, I know.
坐错位子了 老兄 是 我知道
You know what? It's all right, 'cause I'm driving anyway.
知道什么? 坐着别动 我来开就好
What?
什么?
We're coming with you.
我们和你一起走
No, you're not. Yep.
不 你们不行 行的
No, you're not. You got a... Yes.
不 你们不行 你们还有个... 是的
Of course we are.
我们当然行
You have a flight to catch.
你们还有个航班要赶
We'll fly out of Salt Lake City.
我们到盐湖城再转飞机
I feel pathetic enough, all right?
我已经够可怜的了 不是么?
Crying don't mean you're pathetic, okay?
哭不意味着你可怜 好么?
I'm fine.
我很好
Yeah, you're great.
是的 你很好
We want to meet your whole family.
我们想见见你全家人
That's why we're coming with you.
这就是为什么我们要和你一起
This is what you gotta do.
这就是你要做的
Okay, Cheaver, you gotta get your finances in order.
好吧 Cheaver 你得理好财
All right, you buy a house,
是吧 你先买个房子
you gotta have an exit plan.
你得留条退路
You gotta know how you're gonna sell it.
你得瞅准时机再卖掉它
You're right.
没错
Hey, easy there, cowboy.
嘿 放松点 牛仔
It's for my back.
是治我背伤的
So what you gotta do
所以你要做的
is buy an apartment house, rent it out,
就是买间公寓 租出去
Six months later, you borrow on it and buy another one.
六个月后 用它抵押贷款 再买一间
live in the basement for free.
住在免费的地下室
Am I still living in the basement?
那我还住在地下室?
Absolutely.
当然
Take a left.
向左拐
You can get around this.
你可以绕过这个
Yeah, a man's gotta be indispensable.
是啊 男人是责无旁贷的
You want to move up in the world, you gotta have skills.
要想在世上不断提升 就得有些技能才行

重点讲解

重点单词:
1、anyway
adv. 无论如何,不管怎样;总之
I'm certain David's told you his business troubles. Anyway, it's no secret that he owes money.
我肯定戴维已经告诉了你他生意上的麻烦。反正他欠钱不是什么秘密。
2、pathetic
adj. 可怜的,悲哀的;感伤的;乏味的
The small group of onlookers presented a pathetic sight.
那一小群旁观者显出一幅可怜的样子。
3、indispensable
adj. 不可缺少的;绝对必要的;责无旁贷的
n. 不可缺少之物;必不可少的人
She was becoming indispensable to him.
对他来说她正变得不可或缺。
重点短语:
1、move up
提升,上升;向前移动
Move up, John, and let the lady sit down.
约翰,挪一挪,让这位女士坐下。
2、get around
到处走走;逃避;说服;传开来(等于get round);有办法应付;有办法应付局面
None of these countries has found a way yet to get around the problem of the polarization of wealth.
这些国家均未找到一个方案来解决贫富两极分化的问题。
考考你(翻译):
1、我不知道为什么我落户到了迈阿密,但不管怎样我做了。
2、多么无力的借口!
3、你追求不到的东西有时也是幸福不可缺少的一部分。
答案下期公布:
上期答案:
1、Attentive proofreading is the only insurance against the kind of omissions described in this section.
2、He was killed in a car wreck.
3、If there is something wrong with the machine,it should be reported at once to the engineer in charge.

分享到
重点单词
  • flightn. 飞行,航班 n. 奇思妙想,一段楼梯 n.
  • basementn. 根基,地下室 n.(新英格兰)特别指学校中的
  • indispensableadj. 不可缺少的
  • insurancen. 保险,保险费,安全措施
  • absolutelyadv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地
  • certainadj. 确定的,必然的,特定的 pron. 某几个,某
  • attentiveadj. 注意的,留意的