影视剧中的社交美语 第121期:上网避世
日期:2015-03-13 15:17

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

Gossip Girl,《绯闻女孩》


A:Are you ready for your present?OW!

甲:准备好看你的礼物了吗?哇!

B:IF you wanted to play rough,all you had to do was ask.

乙:如果你来狠的,你说就行了。

A:You nauseate me.

甲:你让我恶心。

B:Face it.it's over.

乙:面对现实吧,你和内特已经结束了。

A:You sound like a jealous boyfriend.

甲:你听起来像一个嫉妒的男朋友。

B:Yeah,right.you wish.

乙:对啊,你想得美。

A:NO.You wish.

甲:不,你才想得美。

B:Please.you forget who you're talking to.

乙:拜托,你忘记在跟谁说话了。

A:So do you.do you...like me?

甲:你也是,难道你…喜欢我?

B:Define "like".

乙:怎么算“喜欢”

A:uh,you have got to be kidding.I do not believe this.

甲:你肯定是在开玩笑,我不相信。

B:How do you think i feel?I haven't slept.I feel sick,like there's something in my stomach,fluttering.

乙:你觉得我是什么感受?我睡不着,感觉生病了一样,就像胃里有什么东西在煽动翅膀。

A:Butterflies?

甲:蝴蝶吗?

B:Uh,no,no,no,no,no,no...

乙:不,不,不,不,不…

A:This is not_not happening.

甲:这是不可能的。

B:Believe me,no one is more surprised or ashamed than I am.

乙:相信我,没人比我更惊讶或羞愧了。

A:Chuck,you know that I adore all of god's creatures and the metaphors that they inspire,but...those butterflies have got to be murdered.

甲:恰克,你知道的我钟爱上帝所有的杰作以及他们所暗指的寓意。但是…那些蝴蝶必须要除掉。

B:Fine.it wasn't that great anyway.

乙:好吧,不管怎么说它就是不好的。

A:Thanks.

甲:谢谢。

社交美语

What would you do if you have time?

你有时间会做什么?

Surfing the Internet.

上网啊。

Yeah. Internet is a good way to bury your head in the sand.

是啊。因特网是逃避现实的好方法。

重点讲解:

Internet is a good way to escape from the real world.

Internet is a good way to bury your head in the sand.

Bury one's head in the sand.字面意思是“把头埋进沙子里”,这是鸵鸟经常干的事情。如今常用来指那些不愿正视现实或不敢面对险情的做法。

分享到