影视剧中的社交美语 第62期:遭人背叛
日期:2014-11-27 16:40

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

Prison Break,《越狱》


We give this to the press, the government will discredit it.

如果把录音交给媒体政府会不承认。

Just like they did with the tape we made.

就像我们拍的影带一样。

Sara: Okay.

好吧。

So, what do we do with it?

那我们该怎么做?



There are people in the administration Dad was working with.

爸说他在政府里还有照应的人。

If we give it to them, they'll finally have the smoking gun they need to bring Caroline Reynolds down

如果交给他们他们就有如山的铁证能搞垮凯瑟琳雷诺兹。

But they'll release the tape, not us.

由他们把录音公诸于世不能由我们来。

And how can she discredit her own appointees? Sure.

她无法和自己任命的人撇清关系。

Burrows: We're gonna give the only thing that can exonerate me to someone who works for the government?

我们要把唯一能赦免我的证据交给政府的人?

The same government that set me up

同一个陷害我的政府?

Michael: We'll have to find someone we can trust. Someone honest.

我们得找到信得过的人一个正直的人。

Jane Phillips.

简菲利普斯。

She'll know someone that can help us.

她会知道谁可以帮助我们。

She worked with Dad. She's watching L.J.

她和爸合作过现在正在照顾 L.J

I trust her, Michael.

我信任她,迈克尔。

She'll do it. She'll find someone.

她可以帮忙找人。

Michael: Well, I hope you're right.

希望你的直觉没错。

Because this is our last shot

因为这是我们最后的希望。

职场美语

You set me up!

你出卖我!

For what?

怎么出卖了?

You told Jane my secret.

你告诉简我的秘密。

重点讲解:

You betrayed me.

You set me up!

说到背叛,你是不是想用betray这个词?老外可不是哦,他们在口头上一杯会用set sb.up来表示“陷害某人”。如果你不幸被别人背叛时,就可以气愤地跟对方说:You set me up!(你出卖我!)

分享到
重点单词
  • exoneratevt. 确定无罪,免除责任
  • discreditvt. 使 ... 不可信,怀疑,损害 ... 的信用
  • administrationn. 行政,管理,行政部门
  • releasen. 释放,让渡,发行 vt. 释放,让与,准予发表,发
  • betrayvt. 误导,出卖,背叛,泄露 vi. 证明 ... 错