影视剧中的社交美语 第90期:行事果断
日期:2015-01-14 16:01

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

Missing,《迷踪》


Don't feel bad.She sent you to that alley and told someone you were coming.She set you up.

别难过了,是她先让你去了那条小巷,然后又告诉了某人你的行踪,给你下了套。

No,she was a pawn,not a player.And I was so focused on Michael,I couldn't see how scared she was.

不,她只是被利用了,不是幕后黑手。我把全部注意力都放在了迈克尔身上,都没注意到她当时有多么害怕。

Do you want some? You shouldn't have called the police.They'll have your voice recorded.

你要来点吗?你不应该报警的,他们会录下你的声音。

She's somebody's daughter. She got killed for talking to me.

她也是别人的女儿,她是因为跟我说话才被杀的。



Okay. Right now we need to take care of you.

好吧,现在我们得好好处理下你的伤口。

Giancarlo?

吉安卡罗?

Okay. This...might hurt a bit. I think you can...handle the rest.

好吧,这也许会有点儿疼。我觉得你…能搞定其余的部分。

What will they say when they find out you have a fugitive in your bathtub?

如果他们发现你家的浴缸里藏着一个逃犯时,他们会怎么说?

I'll plead insanity.

我会辩称自己精神失常了。

Did you ever get married?

你结过婚吗?

Twice.The second one almost worked out, but...she wised up.

两次。第二次几乎就成功了。但是...被她识破了。

I had to decide, you know?

我必须得做出决定。你知道吗?

For both of us?

为了咱俩?

For my husband and my child. You'll never change.

为了我的丈夫和孩子。你永远都不会变。

If I'd left them for you,you still would have gotten bored and moved on in a month.

即使我为了你而离开他们,你最后还是会感到厌倦,不出一个月你就会离开我的。

Yeah.Tell yourself that if it helps.It was a long time ago. We'll find your boy.

是啊,如果这么想能帮到你,我没意见。那都是很久以前的事了,我们会找到你儿子的。

职场美语

What will he do if he knows the news?

如果他知道了这个消息会怎么做?

Well, he is a decisive person.He will make no bones about it.

嗯,他是个坚定的人。他会毫不犹豫地去做的。

重点讲解:

He does things directly.

He makes no bones about it.

make no bones about sth.在这里用作“行事果断”之意。喝汤时汤里没有骨头(no bones),就可以喝得毫无顾忌,一口喝下去,现引申为毫无顾忌或毫不顾忌地做一件事。

分享到
重点单词
  • decisiveadj. 决定性的
  • pleadv. 辩护,恳求,提出借口
  • handlen. 柄,把手 v. 买卖,处理,操作,驾驭