影视剧中的社交美语 第53期:勿轻言放弃
日期:2014-11-13 16:15

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

Ugly Betty,《丑女贝蒂》


This is so humiliating.

真是糗大了。

My closest friends in the world will be there tonight.

我所有最好的朋友今晚都要出席。

Can you imagine how happy this is gonna make them?

能想象她们该有多幸灾乐祸吗?

It's just a temporary setback.

只是个小插曲而已。

You'll still have the wedding in a few months.

过几个月你们还是要结婚的啊。



If Bradford thinks he loves you now, he'll think he loves you then.

如果布拉德福德现在爱你,那以后也会的。

The longer we wait, the more time Bradford's spawn will have to talk him out of it.

拖得久了只会让布拉德福德的崽子有更多时间劝他把我踢开。

I'm done, Marc. It's over.

我完了,马克。没戏了。

Now you listen to me, lady.

听我说,女士。

The Wilhelmina Slater I know and occasionally wish I was does not throw in the towel just because the old man she's scamming has suddenly gone all soft for his tramnesiac daughter.

我所了解的并且有时候希望自己成为的威廉米娜斯雷特不会认输,不会因为自己所想要的男人因为自己变性失忆的女儿突然改变主意就投降。

You're touching me.

你打动我了。

It was a risk.

冒险一试。

I just didn't count on the father/daughter rebounding. I hate that love won out.

没想到会来父女复合这一出。我最讨厌以爱制胜。

Well, maybe someone should remind daddy's little girl that she hates daddy, and that she spent the last two years trying to bring him down.

或许该有人提醒她曾多恨她爸爸,2年来时刻想着把他弄下台。

职场美语

I messed up the project. I am going to fail this course!

我把项目搞砸了,这门课我要挂了!

Keep your chin up. The project is only a small part of the final grades.

别灰心。这个项目只是最后分数的一小部分。

重点讲解:

Don't discourage yourself!

Keep your chin up!

人一旦失去信心、心灰意冷,就会下意识地垂头丧气,这时候作为朋友,老外一般会鼓励说:Keep your chin up! “把你的下巴抬起来”,即“不要气馁”。有时也会直接说Chin up!

分享到
重点单词
  • setbackn. 顿挫,挫折,退步
  • occasionallyadv. 偶尔地
  • temporaryadj. 暂时的,临时的 n. 临时工
  • discouragevt. 使气馁,阻碍