影视剧中的社交美语 第41期:一拍即合
日期:2014-10-28 15:16

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

The Big Bang Theory,《生活大爆炸》


What brings you guys by?

什么风把你们吹来了?

Raj,Howie told me what's going on with you and Lakshmi.

拉杰,豪伊跟我说了你和拉希米的事。

You told her?

你居然告诉她了?

I told everybody.

我还告诉所有人了呢。

We believe there is someone out there who will love you for you.

我们相信你一定会找到一个真心爱你的人。

Actually we kind of agreed to disagree on that one,

其实在这点上,我们各持不同意见。


but we both think you shouldn't marry this woman.

但我们一致认为,你不该跟她结婚。

So while I'm waiting for this mysterious perfect match who may or may not exist, I'm supposed to just feel alone?

所以当我在等待这个可能存在,也可能不存在的神秘真命天女时,就该一直单身下去吗?

Not necessarily. I think we found someone for you to be cuddle with.

那倒未必,我们为你找了个可以相依偎的伴儿。

Oh my goodness. Aren't you the cutest little Yorkied ever. You got him for me.

哦,我的老天,你可真是史上最可爱的小狗狗。他真的是送我的吗?

Her. We thought you two would hit it off.

是“她”,你俩肯定合得来。

I think we already have. Thank you guys so much.

我俩一拍即合,太感谢你们了。

Let's go see if you fit my man purse.

来看看能不能把你装进我男用手包里去。

Heterosexual, my ass.

异性恋,骗谁呀。

职场美语

How's it going between you and Amy?

你和艾米进展得怎么样了?

Oh, quite good. You know, I'm clicking with that girl.

哦,很好。你知道的,我和她一拍即合。

What do you think of your first date? Is everything going well?

你的第一次约会怎么样?进展顺利吗?

Not really. I have thought I would be clicking with that girl at first sight.

不是很好,我本以为我和她第二次见面就会很来电的。

重点讲解:

I match that girl.

I'm clicking with that girl.

click是个形声词,形容“咔哒,咔嚓”之类的声音,例如“按鼠标”就是 click the mouse;而这里的click是指“恰好吻合,相处融洽”,所以如果我说I'm clicking with that girl.知道是什么意思吧?没错,指的就是两人很合拍,亦即两人很“来电”。而第一个句子过于Chinglish,要避免使用。

分享到
重点单词
  • mysteriousadj. 神秘的,不可思议的
  • disagreev. 不一致,有分歧,不适应,不适宜