(单词翻译:单击)
身临其境练一练
Batman Forever,《蝙蝠侠3:永远的蝙蝠侠》
I saw the signal, sir. All is ready.
我看见信号了,都准备好了。
Commissioner?
局长呢?
He's home.
他在家里。
I sent the signal.
信号是我发的。
What's wrong?
出什么事了?
Last night I noticed something about Two-face: his coin. It s his Achilles'heel. It can be exploited.
昨晚我注意到“双面人”的一件东西:他的硬币。这是他的致命弱点,可以利用。
I know, you called me for this? The bat signal is not a beeper.
我知道。你叫我来就是为了这?蝙蝠信号不是呼机。
I wish I would say that my interest in you was purely professional.
如果我对你的兴趣仅限于职业该多好。
You are trying to get under my cape?
你是想投入我的怀抱吗?
A girl can't live by psychoses alone.
一个姑娘不能整天只和精神病人打交道。
It's the car, right? Chicks love it.
是车的原因,对吗?女孩子喜欢这种车。
What is the wrong kind of man?
为什么我老是爱错人?
In grade school: guys with earrings.
在中学,是那种戴耳环的男孩。
College:motorcycles, leather jackets. Now, black rubber.
在大学,是骑摩托车穿皮夹克的。而现在,是像你这样穿黑橡胶衣的。
Try a fireman, less to take off.
去找个消防员,他们穿得更少。
职场美语
You can't take advantage of others,weakness. You know that's his Achilles'heel.
你不能利用别人的弱点。你知道那是他的致命弱点。
I don't have other choices.
我别无选择啊。
重点讲解:
That's his weakness.
That's his Achilles'heel!
Achillcs' heel来源于荷马史诗。Achilles(阿喀琉斯)在特洛伊战争中身经百战,屡建奇功,但是唯有脚后跟是其致命弱点。后来阿喀琉斯被仇敌射中脚后跟而身亡,最后死于自身的致命弱点,所以后来人用Achilles'heel来代指致命的弱点,不仅比weakness语气更强,而且更加形象。