影视剧中的社交美语 第37期:信任问题
日期:2014-10-22 16:24

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

Pirates of the Caribbean,《加勒比海盗》


Now, what's the nature of this venture you are in?

现在,你在搞什么冒险?

I'm going after the Black Pearl.

我在找黑珍珠。

I know where it's going to be and I'm gonna take it.

我知道它要在哪里出现,所以我要去把它夺回来。

Jack, it's a fool's errand.

杰克,这可是傻瓜干的事。

Well, you know better than me the tales of the Black Pearl?

嗯,你比我更了解黑珍珠的传说。

That's why I know what Barbossa is up to. All I need is a crew.

这就是为什么我更了解巴博萨。我只要一船水手。

From what I hear tell of Captain Barbossa, he's not a man to suffer fools nor strike a bargain with one.

据闻巴博萨船长不会傻乎乎地去冒险,也不会听人教唆。

Well, then I'd say it's a very good thing I'm not a fool then, aye.

那谢天谢地,我不是个傻瓜,赞成。



Prove me wrong. What make's ye think Brabossa will give up his ship to you?

我可不信。你凭什么认为巴博萨会把船还给你?

Let's just say it's a matter of leverage, aye?

可以说这是种手段,同意吗?

The kid?

那孩子?

That is the child of Bootstrap Bill Turner. His only child, savvy.

那是“系带王”特纳的孩子,他唯一的孩子,知道吗?

Is he now? "Leverage", says you. "I think I feel a change in the wind," says I.

现在还是唯一的?你说手段。而我觉得情况已变了。

I'll find us a crew. There's bound to be some sailors on this rock crazy as you.

我会找到船员的,一定会有像你一样疯狂的家伙。

One can only hope. Take what you can.

只要有希望,就要尽全力。

Give nothing back.

用我们的生命去做赌注!

职场美语

Do you know Harwood's just got married?

你知道哈伍德刚刚结婚了吗?

No, that's not even possible. I saw him last month. I don't take your word for it.

不,不可能吧,我上个月还见过他。我不相信你说的。

I'm going to quit my job.

我要辞职了。

Are you kidding me? I don,t take your word for it. You've got a good pay.

你在开玩笑吧?我才不相信呢。你薪水那么高。

重点讲解:

I don't believe you.

I don't take your word for it.

我们通常用believe或者trust来表示“相信,信任”,所以顺理成章地,很多 人以为“我不相信你”就是I don't believe you.或者I don't trust you.但实际上, 老外还有更地道的表达,即I don't take your word for it.

分享到
重点单词
  • striken. 罢工,打击,殴打 v. 打,撞,罢工,划燃
  • venturen. 冒险,风险,投机 v. 尝试,谨慎地做,冒险一试
  • leveragen. 杠杆(作用,力量),举债经营 v. (使)举债经营
  • pearln. 珍珠 v. (用珍珠)装饰,呈珍珠状 adj. 珍
  • crewn. 全体船员,全体乘务员,(一组)工作人员 vi