影视剧中的社交美语 第99期:不明就里
日期:2015-01-26 16:43

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

Gossip Girl,《绯闻女孩》


Blair Waldorf in Brooklyn. You two, are you two lost?

布莱尔霍道夫竟然来布鲁克林了。你们俩迷路了?

Will you talk to her, please?

你能跟她谈谈吗?

I... there's nothing to talk about. I told you it s over.

我…这没什么好谈的,我跟你说已经结束了。

She stopped listening to me. Maybe she'll listen to you.

她听不进我的话了,或许她能听你的。

Um, sure.

呃,好吧。



I'm gonna go check out the art in the art gallery.Talk.

我要去画廊看看那些艺术品,你们谈吧。

You and Chuck have been toying with each other forever.

你跟恰克老是玩弄彼此,

So you didn't win this one.

所以你没赢,

You ever think maybe you should just,I don't know, let it go?

你从来不觉得或许你该放手了?

This is different.

这次不一样。

Why? Do you…do you love him? Wow. Someone loves Chuck Bass.

为什么?你…你爱上他了?哇,竟然会有人爱上恰克拜斯。

I don't know.I just..I...I don't understand how it got to this place.

我不知道。我就是…我…我就是不明白事情怎么会发展到如此地步。

You know, the first time that I told Serena I loved her,uh, it was terrifying.

我第一次对瑟琳娜说我爱她的时候,我很害怕。

I've never felt so exposed.

我从来没这么袒露过,

But the feeling that I got when she said it back to me,was probably the single greatest moment of my life.

当她给我相同的回应的时候,我觉得那是我一生中最美好的时刻。

But you broke up.

但你俩分手了。

Doesn't mean I wouldn't do it all over again.

那不代表我不会再这么做。

If I say it,he wins,and if he wins,then I'll just be another girl to him.

我要是说了,他就赢了。他要赢了的话,我对他来说就不是我了。

职场美语

Can you help me on this maths problem? I'm in the dark.

你可以帮我解这道数学题吗?我不明白。

Sure, which one?

当然,哪个?

重点讲解:

I don't understand.

I'm in the dark.

be in the dark的字面意思是“处在黑暗中”,类似于中文的“蒙在鼓里” 的含义,即“不明白,不晓得”的意思。当你对某件事情不明白时,你就可以说:I'm in the dark.是不是比I don't understand.听起来要地道很多?

分享到
重点单词
  • gossipn. 流言蜚语,闲话,爱说长道短的人 vi. 散播(流言
  • exposedadj. 暴露的,无掩蔽的,暴露于风雨中的 v. 暴露,
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • checkn. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案
  • galleryn. 美术馆,画廊,顶层楼座,狭长的房间