影视剧中的社交美语 第70期:接受意见
日期:2014-12-15 16:28

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

Modern Family,《摩登家庭》


You're a little jumpy tonight, Manny. Anything wrong?

曼尼,你今晚有点魂不守舍啊,怎么啦?

No. Well, I'm just…

没;我只是…

Well, I'm just gonna—Have a seat, kid. Ehh.

呃,我只是想…坐吧,孩子。嗯。

You know, maybe it's me, But I thought you were kinda squirrelly tonight.

你知道,可能是我多心了,



You know, before when your mom was on the phone with the principal,almost like you wanted to say something... But you just couldn't.

我总觉得在你妈妈跟校长通电话之前,你就有奇奇怪怪的。你好像有话要说,但又没说出口?

Anything you wanna say now, Manny?

现在有话要告诉我吗,曼尼?

No, I have nothing to say.

没有,没什么要说的。

You sure about that? Think real hard.

你确定吗?好好想想。

Could I get a glass of water?

我能喝杯水吗?

That girl's locket, you took it, didn't you? Didn't you?

那女生的吊坠盒,你拿了,是吗?到底拿了没?

Yes. Yes,, I took it. I didn't mean to.

是,是,是我拿的,但我不是故意的。

I don't wanna hear any excuses.

我不想听任何理由

You're gonna tell your mom, and you're gonna set this right. Do you understand?

去跟你妈妈坦白,然后好好弥补,明白吗?

职场美语

I owe you thanks.

我欠你个谢谢。

Why?

为什么呢?

Thanks for your advice;it gave me a lots of food for thought.

多亏了你的建议,让我仔细考虑了一下。

重点讲解:

It reminds me of thinking.

It gave me a lot of food for thought.

food for thought的字面意思是“思想的食粮”,引申为“值得思考的东西” 的意思。当他人的言语行为对你有很大的影响,让你能深思熟虑时,你就可以说:You give me food for thought.

分享到