影视剧中的社交美语 第104期:教育孩子
日期:2015-02-03 15:53

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

Modern Family,《摩登家庭》


Hi.Hi.Lily.

嗨。嗨,莉莉。

Have fun,sweetheart.Bye.

玩得开心点,宝贝,拜拜啊。

She is so sweet.

她太可爱了。

Oh,thanks.Well,you should've seen her yesterday.

哦,谢谢。你应该看看她昨天的样子,

Yeah,she pushed a baby off of Cam's lap.Ah?

她把别人的孩子从卡姆腿上推下去了。啊?

I know. She is so possessive of him,

我知道,她对他占有欲很强。



but, you know, Cam's really working on trying not to coddle her so much.So... yeah.

不过卡姆正努力不溺爱她。所以…

I'm not really sure it's about coddling.

我不觉得问题在于溺爱。

Sounds more like a sharing issue.

更像是不愿分享吧。

You know, we've noticed Lily has a hard time with that.Really?

我们注意到莉莉这方面有点问题。真的吗?

I wouldn't worry.

我不担心。

Kids usually pick that habit up from other kids, except the ones that pick it up from their parents.

小孩儿之间常会互相影响,当然也会受到父母的影响,

We have a few of those in here.

我们这儿有不少案例呢。

Of course, I can't share those names with you...until I get a glass of wine in my hand.Haha.

当然,我不能把名字告诉你。除非是我喝多了,说出来,哈哈。

Hahaha.. .Oh, Miss Elaine.

哈哈,哦,依琳小姐。

职场美语

In wine there is truth.

酒后吐真言。

Why do you say that?

为什么这么说呢?

Well,you should be aware of your behavior when drinking.

嗯,喝酒时你应该注意你的举止。

重点讲解:

People speak out the truth after drink.

In wine there is truth.

In wine there is truth.的字面意思是“在酒里有事实”,相当于我们常说的“酒后吐真言。”老外还会说Wine in,truth out.

分享到
重点单词
  • exceptvt. 除,除外 prep. & conj. 除了 ..
  • issuen. 发行物,期刊号,争论点 vi. & vt 发行,流
  • coddlevt. 娇养,溺爱 vt. 用文火煮
  • lilyadj. 纯白的 n. 百合花