影视剧中的社交美语 第6期:询问新情况
日期:2014-09-01 16:06

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

The Big Bang Theory,《生活大爆炸》

Sheldon:Hello, Stuart.

谢尔顿:你好,斯图尔特。

Stuart:Oh, hey, Sheldon. Can I help you find something today?

斯图尔特:哦,你好,谢尔顿。今天我能帮你找什么吗?

Sheldon:No, no. I was just sitting at home, thinking about how it might be nice to catch up with my ninth favorite person.

谢尔顿:不,不。我刚才坐在家里正想着如果能跟第9个我最喜欢的人联络联络该有多好。

Stuart:Ninth?

斯图尔特:第9个?



Sheldon:You moved up one.

谢尔顿:你上升了一位。

My pen pal in Somalia was kidnapped by pirates.So uh …how are you?

我在索马里的笔友被海盗绑架了。所以,呃…你好吗?

Stuart:Uh... not so good.

斯图尔特:呃…不是很好。

My shrink just killed himself and...blamed me in the note.

我的心理医生自杀了,然后在留下的纸条上责怪了我。

Sheldon:Great. Great.

谢尔顿:好,好。

So, what's new with your family? How's your mother? Is she alve?

那你家人怎么样?你母亲怎么样?她还健在吗?

Stuart:Yeah.

斯图尔特:是的。

Sheldon: And your father? Alive?

谢尔顿:那你父亲呢?健在?

Stuart:Yes..

斯图尔特:是的。

Sheldon:How about your grandparents, they alive?

谢尔顿:那你祖父母呢?他们也健在?

Stuart:No.

斯图尔特:没有。

Sheldon:Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss.

谢尔顿:哦,你的祖父母不在了,我感到很遗憾。

职场美语

Hey, I haven't seen you for a long time. What's new with you?

嘿,很久不见。最近有什么新鲜事啊?

Nothing. Just as usual.

没什么。

Hi, Martin. What a coincidence! What's new with your life?

嗨,马丁。真巧啊!最近有什么新鲜事吗?

Hello. You know, our football team won the champion last week

你好。你知道吗,我们足球队上周得了冠军。

重点讲解:

Is there anything new about you?

What's new with you?

想知道朋友近况,是否发生了你不知道的事情,想catch up(闲聊近况),老外通常会说What's new with you?也可简化为What's new?对方如果没有什么新鲜事,可能就会说Nothing,just fine.或Nothing new.等等。

分享到
重点单词
  • championn. 冠军,优胜者,拥护者,勇士 vt. 保卫,拥护,为
  • coincidencen. 巧合,同时发生
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,