影视剧中的社交美语 第58期:再试一次
日期:2014-11-20 16:09

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

Desperate Housewives,《绝望主妇》

What are you saying?

你在说什么啊?

Let's give this another shot.

让我们再试一次吧

You want me back?

你想我回来吗?

Yeah.I realize now that you were the woman that was meant for me.Wow.

是的, 我现在意识到你才是我命中注定的女人。喔。

Wow.Just so we're clear,you want to move back in here be faithful to me and love me with all your heart and soul?

喔,那明说吧,你想要搬回来并且全心全意地忠诚于我和爱我吗?

Absolutely.

当然了。



Oh, my god.This is so wonderful.

哦, 天啊.这太妙了。

Yeah.I know, I know.

是啊,我知道, 我知道。

I want to kiss you.

我想吻你。

Oh, god.No, Karl.Um, no,

哦, 天啊.不, 卡尔。

What I meant by wonderful was that I wondered inside if I still had feelings for you, if deep down, I still loved you.

我说太妙了是因为我不知道我是否对你 还有感觉, 不知道内心深处是否仍然爱你。

And?

然后?

And there's nothing there.

然后没什么感觉了

Come on.You've got to feel something.

拜托,你肯定还有感觉。

Well, actually, I do, yeah.

是啊, 实际上, 我是还有感觉。

职场美语

This credit card keeps getting declined.I don't know what's wrong.

这个信用卡不停被拒,我也不知道怎么回事。

You want to give it another shot?

你想再试一次吗?

重点讲解:

Let's try again.

Let's give it another shot.

谈到“再试一次”,脑海里是不是马上浮现出老师教的单词try again?而老外则会说Let's give it another shot.字面意思是“再打一针”,实际上是让你再试一次,shot在这里是“尝试”的意思。

分享到
重点单词
  • absolutelyadv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地
  • faithfuladj. 如实的,忠诚的,忠实的
  • desperateadj. 绝望的,不顾一切的
  • creditn. 信用,荣誉,贷款,学分,赞扬,赊欠,贷方 (复)c