影视剧中的社交美语 第91期:比赛结果
日期:2015-01-15 16:18

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

Go219,《新飞跃比弗利》


Why is everyone looking at me and not in the usual“She s hot”kind of way?

为什么大家看我的眼神和平时的“她好性感”的眼神不一样呢?

Holly broadcast your confessional message to the entire party.

霍莉把你的表白信息在整个派对上广播了。

That was truly touching.

真是太感人了。

I'm sure the thousands of college students watching online feel the same way.

我相信广大在线收看的大学生们也是这种感觉。



That was you texting me all night long?

是你跟我发了一晚上短信吗?

Yeah, and you fell for it,bird legs.

没错,你这么容易就上当了,长腿妞。

Right. Good one. And I have one for you.What?

行,这个诡计不错,我也给你留了一手。什么?

Security, get rid of this bitch.

保安,把这贱女人给我赶出去。

Please,you can't kick me out.

拜托,你没有权力把我赶走。

As head of the Greek Council,I absolutely can.

作为联谊会理事会主席,我完全有这个权利。

This is my party.

这是我的派对。

No one's gonna remember what you did here tonight because I'm going to make this the greatest party anyone's ever seen.

没人会记得你今晚 的所作所为。因为我要把这个派对办成大家见过最盛大的派对。

We re only trailing by six votes,everyone.

大家看,我们只落后6票。

CU and Eastern State are neck and neck,so…it's time to make this a Naomi clark party.

加州大学和东部州立大学现在不分上下。是时候将这里变成娜欧米克拉克式的派对了。

Let's blow this place up!

让我们嗨起来。

职场美语

How is Jim's competition going?

吉姆的比赛怎么样?

He takes the cake finally.

他得了第一。

重点讲解:

He wins at last.

He takes the cake finally.

take the cake的字面意思是“夺得糕点”,现演变为“得到第一,胜过他人”。 据说以前在美国的大农场上工作的黑奴用cakewalk(糕饼舞步赛)的比赛方式争取糕饼,走得最好看的就赢得糕饼,后来逐渐演变为“取胜,赢得第一名”之意。

分享到
重点单词
  • fell动词fall的过去式 n. 兽皮 vt. 砍伐,击倒 a
  • absolutelyadv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地
  • competitionn. 比赛,竞争,竞赛
  • securityn. 安全,防护措施,保证,抵押,债券,证券