影视精讲《战争之王》第63期: 维塔利之死
日期:2013-05-27 23:52

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

What are you doing?
你在干什么?
Something for Yuri.
为尤里做一些事
Step away. Slow.
放下它,慢慢的
No, Vit! No! Vit!
不要,维塔利!不要,维塔利
Only half the guns were gone...
只有一半的枪支被炸毁了
so I was still entitled to half the diamonds.
所以我依然得到了一半的钻石
If I took them, I was lost.
如果我拿了它们,我失去了一些东西
If I left them, I was lost.
如果我不拿它们,我也是失去了一些东西
The massacre played out exactly how Vitaly predicted.
一场大屠杀发生了,就像维塔利所说的那样
But then, a half-dozen other massacres
另外,那一周在塞拉利昂
happened in Sierra Leone that week.
还发生了许多大屠杀
You can't stop them all.
你不可能制止所有的大屠杀
In my experience, you can't stop any of them.
以我的经验来说 你不可能制止任何一个大屠杀
They say evil prevails when good men fail to act.
人们说 “如果正义之士不行动的话,邪恶就获胜了”
What they ought to say is, evil prevails.
这句话应该是,“邪恶获胜了”
I now shared even more in common with the leader of that country God seemed to have forsaken.
我现在和被上帝遗忘的这个国家的统治者有了更多的相同点
We saw something in each other that neither of us liked.
我们在对方里看到了一些我们并不喜欢的东西
Or maybe we were just looking in the mirror.
也许我们各自只是在看一面镜子

妙语佳句

Accord (pt&pp.accorded)
n. 一致;[音乐](音调的)谐和;(色彩的)协调;[法律]和解协议
vt. 给予;使和谐一致;使符合;使适合
vi. 符合,一致

With one accord they stood up to cheer him.
他们起立,一致为他欢呼。
Must accord the senator the respect she is due.
必须给予议员她应有的尊敬.

Approve of
赞成,赞同

Do you approve of children smoking?
你赞成孩子抽烟吗?

剧情百科


维塔利倒在了尤里面前,他知道弟弟为了挽救自己才这么做的。伤心欲绝的尤里却什么都不能为弟弟做,他只能将弟弟的尸体运回国。但是,上帝对尤里违背誓言的惩罚并没有终止。

考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.

1.They're convinced the picture is ______.(genuine
他们确信这幅画是真品。

2.The tough question for the future is whether less sophisticated institutions should _____ more protection. (be entitled to
对于未来而言,一个难题是:缺乏经验的机构是否应享有更多保护。


A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:

1.With one accord they stood up to cheer him.
他们起立,一致为他欢呼。

2.I approve of your choice.
我赞成你的选择.

分享到
重点单词
  • convincedadj. 信服的
  • phrasen. 短语,习语,个人风格,乐句 vt. 措词表达,将(
  • entitledadj. 有资格的,已被命名的 动词entitle的过去
  • approvev. 批准,赞成,同意,称许
  • genuineadj. 真正的,真实的,真诚的
  • sophisticatedadj. 诡辩的,久经世故的,精密的,老练的,尖端的
  • accordn. 一致,符合 v. 使一致,调解,给予
  • massacren. 大屠杀 v. 大屠杀
  • protectionn. 保护,防卫
  • senatorn. 参议员