影视精讲《战争之王》第45期:浴血之战
日期:2013-04-11 19:25

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

These are my Kalashnikov Kids.My Boy Brigades.
这些武装到牙齿的儿童,我的童子军
I can see what you are thinking,but we need every man we can get.
我知道你在想什么,但是我们需要所有我们可以用的上的男性
Even if they're not men?
即使他们还没有长大?
A bullet from a fourteen-year-old...
从14岁孩子的枪里射出的子弹
is just as effective as one from a forty-year-old.Often more effective.
就像从40岁男人的枪里射出的子弹一样致命 .也许更致命
No one can stop this bath of blood.
没有人可以阻止这场血浴之战.
It's not "bath of blood."It's "bloodbath."
不是血浴之战,是浴血之战.
Thank you.But I prefer it my way.
谢谢,但是我喜欢这么说.
I am not going to pay your asking price.We are not a rich people. And besides,
我不会给你出的价钱.我们并不富有
the market is already flooded with your Kalashnikovs.
而且市场上已经充斥着你的枪.
Do you realize in some parts of my country
你知道在这个国家的某些地方
you can get one for the price of a chicken?
你可以用一只鸡换一只枪
But you can't just consider unit price.You forget ancillary costs.
你不能只看单价.还有其他辅助费用
End-user certificates need to be forged and notarized,
伪造文件
Shell companies set up,insurance purchased, pilots and crews hired.
建立空壳公司,买保险,还有请临时工
Not to mention bribes.
贿赂别人的钱也很多
You can't get a nut and bolt out of the Eastern Bloc without a bribe.
不贿赂别人,你根本无法进入边界
There's one bribe for the nut,another for the bolt.
给那个疯子一笔贿赂.还有一笔要给那个秃子
Andy... Andy, listen to me.This is an expensive proposition.
安迪,安迪 听我说.这是一个很费钱的生意
"Andy"?I am going to pay you in timber or stones.
"安迪"?我会付你木材或者钻石
I'll take the stones.It's kind of hard to get a tree trunk into my hand luggage.
我当然选钻石.我可不能把一棵树装进我的手提箱里
I know you're planning a new offensive.
我知道你在计划反击
If you can delay a week,I can get you armored personnel carriers.
如果你能推迟计划一周,我可以给你装甲车
They'd greatly reduce your casualties.and give you a significant strategic advantage.
它可以有效的减少你的伤亡人数.还可以给你在战场上的优势 ...
You know, they call me the Lord Of War.But perhaps it is you.
你知道他们叫我战争之王,我想你才是
It's not "Lord Of War," it's "Warlord."
不是战争之王,应该叫军阀
Thank you, but I prefer it my way.
谢谢,但是我喜欢这么说
Conflict diamonds are a common currency in West Africa,
钻石在西非是最常用的货币
also referred to as "blood diamonds".
也叫做血之钻石
since bloodshed is what they generally finance.
因为这些钻石往往都被用于资助流血战争

妙语佳句

effective
a. 有效的, 有力的, 实际的,给人深刻印象
n. 有生力量

The medicine is effective against cancer.
这药物治癌有效

significant
adj. 重要的; 有意义的; 有重大意义的; 值得注意的
n.有意义的事物; 象征,标志

They share two significant characteristics: plot and brevity.
它们都具有两个重要的特征,即绘图和简短。
In most cases, though, the use of tabs creates significant navigational excise.
不过,在大多数情况下,标签的使用也带来了相当大的导航附加工作。

flooded with
被…淹; 挤满,充满

Her eyes were flooded with tears.
她眼里满是泪水。

剧情百科

安德烈·巴特思,他是利比亚最新的统治者,一个受过美国教育的自封为总统的人,但他消除异己的残忍手段是众人皆知,7年的内战被总结为纯粹为了暴力的战阵。尤里在刚认识他的时候也被他的暴力惊吓了(巴特思当场击杀了自己手下一名无纪律的士兵),但尤里凭借自己的天赋和多年的经验很快淡定下来,从容面对。最后也成功地交易并为尤里提供以钻石为媒介的大量财物。

Thank you, but I prefer it my way.——安德烈·巴特思

考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.

1.In order to _____ with in time he run very fast.
为了及时赶到他跑得很快。

2.If you can't _____ pay cash, buy the furniture on credit.
若是你付不起现金,可以赊购这套家具。

A:本期答案见下期

上期答案:

1.This facility is very effective because it is so simple to operate.
因为易于操作,所以单次撤销非常有效。

2.The cellar was flooded with water.
地窖被水淹了。

分享到
重点单词
  • luggagen. 行李
  • creditn. 信用,荣誉,贷款,学分,赞扬,赊欠,贷方 (复)c
  • boltn. 螺栓,插销,门闩 v. 闩住,插销,(突然)逃离,
  • excisen. 货物税,消费税 vt. 征税,切除
  • offensiveadj. 令人不快的,侮辱的,攻击用的 n. 进攻
  • advantagen. 优势,有利条件 vt. 有利于
  • trunkn. 树干,躯干,干线, 象鼻,(汽车后部)行李箱 (复
  • propositionn. 建议,命题,主张 vt. 向 ... 提议,向 .
  • delayv. 耽搁,推迟,延误 n. 耽搁,推迟,延期
  • strategicadj. 战略的,重要的,基本的