影视精讲《战争之王》第21期:关系从撒谎和欺骗开始
日期:2012-12-20 16:31

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏


I guess the photographer got stuck in Miami. 
摄影师被困在迈阿密了。
Hurricane. Though there's nothing on the news.  
说有飓风,但新闻上只字未提。
Those things can come out of nowhere. 
这种事儿总是突如其来。
So... the job's been cancelled,  
拍照取消了。
and wouldn't you know it,   
更麻烦的是。
there's no flight to New York until Tuesday. 
星期二才有飞机去纽约。
You can hitch a ride with me if you like.  
我明天走。
I'm leaving tomorrow.   
如果你愿意,可以搭我的飞机。
Meanwhile, why don't I take your picture?  
趁此,不如我替你照张像吧。
In my experience, 
经验告诉我。
some of the most successful relationships...  
最成功的两人关系。
are based on lies and deceit.  
都是从撒谎和欺骗开始的。
Since that's where they usually end up anyway...  
关系发展到最后也是撒谎和欺骗。
it's a logical place to start.  
不如就这样开始吧。
Right there. Hold it there.  
就那儿,别动。
Oh, my God!  
我的天啊!
I nearly went broke trying to convince her I was anything but.  
为了让她相信我的财富,使我几乎破产。
I knew Ava was not the kind of woman   
我不信她。
to be seduced by a ride in a private jet  
会被能搭一趟私人飞机所诱惑。
unless you owned the jet. 
除非飞机是我的 。

妙语佳句
1.get stuck in
陷入了…;加紧进行;全神贯注吃饭或工作
The solution is actually quite simple, but the guys that get stuck in this infamous "friend zone" just have no idea what to do!
解决的办法其实很简单,但是小伙子们在臭名昭著的“朋友圈”里困扰着,他们不知道该做什么!
2.hitch a ride
[美国口语]要求免费搭车
As we look to our future amid the stars, solar sail technology gives us a similar opportunity: the chance to hitch a ride on light.
如今,当我们仰望群星,太阳帆让我们再次来到了机遇之海的岸边:我们或许有机会驾着光线飞行!
3.deceit
n. 欺骗;谎言;欺诈手段
he/she used means such as deceit or coercion, or took advantage of the Employer's plight, to cause it to conclude an employment contract or amend the same in a manner contrary to its true intent;
劳动者以欺诈、胁迫的手段或者乘人之危,使用人单位在违背真实意思的情况下订立或者变更劳动合同的;
4.end up
结束;死亡
You should end up with something similar to what I have below.
操作结束后,你应该会得到与下图相似的结果。
5.convince
vt. 说服;使确信,使信服
But how do you convince someone to live this small?
但是你怎么能说服这些人住进这些小房子里呢?
考考你
翻译
1.我猜摄影师被困在迈阿密了。
2.最成功的两人关系都是从撒谎和欺骗开始的。 
上期答案
1.I wasn't entirely free of the grip of addiction myself.  
2.You can't force somebody to fall in love with you. 

分享到
重点单词
  • amendv. 修正,改进
  • coercionn. 强迫,威压,高压政治
  • logicaladj. 符合逻辑的,逻辑上的,有推理能力的
  • contractn. 合同,契约,婚约,合约 v. 订合同,缩短,缩小,
  • addictionn. 沉溺,上瘾
  • deceitn. 欺骗,诡计,不诚实
  • convincevt. 使确信,使信服,说服
  • solutionn. 解答,解决办法,溶解,溶液
  • hurricanen. 飓风,飓风般猛烈的东西 adj. 有防风罩的
  • advantagen. 优势,有利条件 vt. 有利于