影视精讲《战争之王》第47期:遗漏的蛛丝马迹
日期:2013-04-15 17:50

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

I didn't know how much Ava really knew..and how much she ignored.
我不清楚艾娃知道多少..还是装做看不见
She never questioned how a guy in the transport business...
她从不问我为何一个做运输业的
could afford to give her 18 carat diamond earrings.
能买得起18克拉的耳环
I guess she didn't want to hear the answer.
我想她也不希望知道答案
Mostly, She seemed content that I was a good provider...
她似乎对我养家的能力很满意
and as far as she was concerned, loyal.
她也认为我对她很忠实
Despite the other women...
虽然我有在外逢场作戏
I always made love to Ava as if she was the only one.
但每次做爱我都把她当成我唯一的女人
I'm not saying I didn't have setbacks.
我不是说生意都很顺利
It's not called gunrunning for nothing.
没有枪子儿跑得快
You gotta be fast on your feet.
怎能叫军火贩子
Some revolutions blow over the guns even get there.
有时军火还没运到 革命战争就已经爆发了
There's nothing's more expensive for an arms dealer than peace.
对我们来说和平比什么代价都大
Truce? What do you mean, truce?
协议停火?停火是什么意思?
The guns are already on their way.
军火已经在途中了
Peace talks.All right, forget it.
和平谈判!好啦...算了...
I'll re-route the shipment to the Balkans.
我转运到巴尔干半岛
When they talk about war,they keep their word.
当他们说要打仗时.他们总是信守承诺的
Of course, a new breed of gunrunner,requires a new breed of cop.
有了新一代的军火商,当然就要有新一代的警察
Henry, take Park Avenue.
亨利,走派克街
Take 'em on a tour of New Jersey.
带他们去新泽西逛逛
Yuri, there are men going through our garbage cans.
尤里...有人朝我们的垃圾箱走来
Well, it's probably just some reporters looking for somebody else.
大概是记者.找错人了吧
I have a feeling they don't work for the tabloids.
我总觉得他们不是小报的记者
Yuri...is there anything I should be worried about?
尤里...我该担心什么吗?
No, nothing.
没...没事
Nothing?
没事?
I love you.
我爱你
I love you, too.
我也爱你
Sir.
长官

妙语佳句

Require (pt&pp:required)
vt.要求;需要;想要;命令
vi.要求,规定

This isn't the kind of crisis that requires us to drop everything else.
这样的危机并不需要我们抛弃其他的一切。
The rules also require employers to provide safety training...
这些规定还要求雇主提供安全培训。

Setback
n. 挫折;阻碍;退步;逆流

He has suffered a serious setback in his political career.
他的政治生涯遭遇了一次严重挫折

Work for
受雇于; 为…而工作; 效劳; 致力

It's my pleasure to work for you.
能够效劳是我的荣幸。

剧情百科


杰克·瓦伦丁,一个注重荣誉,少数不被尤里收卖的国际刑警。在这位优秀的刑警所到处,许多匪徒都闻风丧胆。但所谓道高一尺魔高一丈。对于自己最大的敌人,尤里凭借过人的狡诈、惊人的胆识,一次次的成功逃脱了杰克的逮捕,逃脱了法律的制裁。

考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.

1.What is clear is that its advantages were _____ apparent to all.
不过有一点是清楚的,即其优点显而易见。

2.Don't _____ people.
别把人看扁了


上期答案:
1.Comrade Yang will be in charge of that work for the time being.
杨同志将暂时负责那项工作。

2.He met with many a setback in his lifetime.
他一生中遭到过许多挫折。

分享到
重点单词
  • setbackn. 顿挫,挫折,退步
  • dealern. 商人,经销商,发牌者,毒品贩子
  • shipmentn. 装船,货物,出货
  • transportn. 运输、运输工具;(常用复数)强烈的情绪(狂喜或狂怒
  • phrasen. 短语,习语,个人风格,乐句 vt. 措词表达,将(
  • concernedadj. 担忧的,关心的
  • diamondn. 钻石,像钻石的物质,菱形,纸牌的方块,棒球内场 v
  • apparentadj. 明显的,表面上的
  • trucen. 休战,(争执,烦恼等的)缓和 v. 以停战结束