影视精讲《战争之王》第13期:通常使用暗语
日期:2012-12-03 19:42

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏


Sometimes I made the deal so convoluted...
有时我把交易弄得太复杂。
it was hard for me to work out  
就连我自己。
if they were on the level.  
也搞不清楚。
To keep authorities in the dark   
为了避开执法人员。
I often spoke in code.  
我通常使用暗语。
Rocket launchers were "mothers." 
妈妈是火箭发射器。
The rockets, "children."   
孩子是火箭。
The AK-47 assault rifle was the "Angel King." 
AK-47自动步枪是天使王。
It's Yuri... Yeah. Well, Raoul...  
我是尤里 嗯...是...拉伍。
Raoul, the Angel King will arrive tomorrow.   
拉伍,天使王明天会到。
Hallelujah to you, too. 
你也是,哈利路亚,呵呵。
The point is, if I've done my job right  
如果我不出纰漏的话。
an arms embargo should be practically impossible to enforce.  
武器禁运法根本无法执行。
What?   
什么?
Okay, just slow the fuck down. 
妈的,慢慢讲!
I can't understand you.  
我不知道你在说什么。
Wha-What do you mean, tipped off?   
“走漏消息”是什么意思?
They know where we are? Well, where are they? 
他们知道我们在哪儿? 他们在哪儿?
Well, how long have I got? Not long?   
我还有多少时间? 不多了?
What does that mean? Shit!  
啥意思?妈的!
Do we try to lose them? On this?  
要我甩掉他们吗? 用这种船?
Yuri, we have to get off this thing. 
尤里,我们得避一避。
No. No one's going anywhere.   
不,谁也不准离开。
Slow, dead slow. Buy me time.  
减速,减到非常慢 给我争取点时间。
Yeah, it's Yuri.  
是,我是尤里。
Get that fucking rag down! 
把那个蠢旗摘下来!
I need another handle for this tub.  
我需要另一个船名。
Something in our weight class.   
和我们大小和吨位相当的。
You! Over the side.  
你,快下去。
We're changing the name. Now!  
我们要换名字了。
Yes, it's got to check out. 
现在!当然要真的名字!
The way I look at it, 
就我来说。
what's in a name? 
名字不重要。

妙语佳句
1.convoluted
adj. 复杂的;费解的;旋绕的
v. 盘绕;缠绕(convolute的过去分词)
Few programmers understand what it means, not to mention its risk of introducing mistakes into such convoluted code.
很少有程序员理解它是什么意思,更不用说这种费解的代码所带来的出错风险了。
2.authority
n. 权威;权力;当局
Republics are held together not by authority imposed from above but rather from below, by the people themselves.
共和国的成立,不是由权力自上强加下来,而是来自下面,来自人民自己。
3.assault rifle
突击步枪;冲锋枪
Later, terrorist groups unaffiliated with any national liberation movement would also find it relatively easy to acquire the assault rifle.
后来,与国家解放运动毫无关系的恐怖主义团伙也发现可以比较容易地得到这种突击步枪。
4.embargo
vt. 禁止出入港口;禁止或限制贸易;征用或扣押
n. 禁令;禁止;封港令
It almost appeared that Castro was trying to force us to maintain the embargo as an excuse for the economic failures of his regime.
看来,卡斯特罗几乎是在试图逼迫我们维持禁运,这样他就可以找到他的政权在经济上失败的借口了。
考考你
翻译
1.为了避开执法人员我通常使用暗语。
2.武器禁运法根本无法执行
上期答案
1.There's no problem leading a double life. 
2.I also packed six different briefcases depending on who I was that day and the region of the world I was visiting.

分享到
重点单词
  • regimen. 政体,制度 n. 养生法(=regimen)
  • acquirevt. 获得,取得,学到
  • enforcevt. 实施,执行,强制,强迫,加强
  • ragn. 破布,碎布,破衣服,(低劣的)报纸 n. 恶
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • spokev. 说,说话,演说
  • authorityn. 权力,权威,职权,官方,当局
  • riflen. 步枪 v. 洗劫,抢劫
  • movementn. 活动,运动,移动,[音]乐章
  • handlen. 柄,把手 v. 买卖,处理,操作,驾驭