影视精讲《战争之王》第06期:想在有生之年做件大事
日期:2012-11-18 20:30

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏


What if that's the best part of you? The dog part.
也许你生来就是一条狗呢?
What if you're really just a two-legged dog?  
其实我们就是两条腿的狗。
You need to see somebody.  
你得去看心理医生了。
Stinks in here.  
这里臭死了。
I'd always wanted to do something big with my life.  
我总想在有生之年做件大事。
I just didn't know what.  
只是不知道要做什么。
Anyhow, I figured,  
但我意识到。
if I was going into the gun trade,  
如果我真要去卖枪。
I was going aim high.  
就得干大买卖。
Vitaly, stop fucking around.  
维塔利,别鬼混了。
I want to talk to you.  
我要和你谈谈。
You read the newspapers, Vit?  
你每天看报纸吗?
Newspaper? It's always the same.  
报纸?每天都一样。
You're right.   
没错。
Every day there's people shooting each other. 
每天都有人在枪战。
You know what I do when I see that?  
当我看到这种报道时,你猜我会干嘛?
I look to see what guns they're using.  
看他们用什么枪。
and I think to myself, why not my guns?  
心想为什么不是我卖的枪。
What, are you opening a gun shop?   
你要开个枪店?
Already more of those in than McDonald's. 
美国的枪店已经比麦当劳还多了。
Even with all the gangsters around here,  
即使这附近的黑帮这么多。
the margins are too low.  
利润还是不够。
You've figured the margins? Sure. 
你已经算出能赚多少? 当然!
Forget gang wars.   
帮派的火拼算个啥!
The real money is in actual wars. 
真正的战争有血有肉的。
Between countries.  
国与国之间的。
Yuri, what the fuck do you know about guns?  
尤里 你他娘的懂个屁枪。
I know which end I'd rather be on.  
我知道咱们得干。

妙语佳句
1.what if...
假使…将会怎么样
What if this problem had to be solved in the next half-hour?
在接下来的半小时里,如果这个问题必须解决,你会怎样做?
2.stink
n. 臭味;讨厌的人
vi. 发出臭味;招人讨厌
vt. 使发出臭气;用臭味驱赶
How easy would it be to write if you KNEW your first draft would stink?
如果你知道你的初稿将发出恶臭,写作将成为多么简单的事情。
3.aim high
胸怀大志,力争上游;向高处瞄准
We aim high, and tolerate no compromise in quality, ethics, social responsibility, and human values.
我们谨此订立崇高的目标,对求真、道德、社会责任、人文关怀,不容一丝妥协。
4.gangster
歹徒,流氓;恶棍
That would enable what the world now recognises is a gangster regime to posture once again as the beating heart of Arabism.
否则,这个已被世人公认为流氓政权的政府,就又能摆出大义凛然的姿态、自诩为阿拉伯主义跳动的心脏。
考考你
翻译
1.我总想在有生之年做件大事。   
2.即使这附近的黑帮这么多,利润还是不够。
上期答案
1.Here I'd been running away from violence,my whole life, and I should've run towards it. 
2.Remind me to be aware of the dog in me.

分享到
重点单词
  • compromisen. 妥协,折衷,折衷案 vt. 妥协处理,危害 vi.
  • toleratevt. 容忍,忍受
  • posturen. 姿势,态度,情形 vt. 作 ... 姿势 vi.
  • socialadj. 社会的,社交的 n. 社交聚会
  • draftn. 草稿,草图,汇票,徵兵 vt. 起草,征兵,选秀
  • violencen. 暴力,猛烈,强暴,暴行
  • regimen. 政体,制度 n. 养生法(=regimen)
  • ethicsn. 道德规范
  • qualityn. 品质,特质,才能 adj. 高品质的