(单词翻译:单击)
原文欣赏
The most sophisticated fighting machines...
最精准的火炮。
built for a war with America that never happened.
为对付美国而造的,但战争却从未发生。
Son, get off there before you get hurt.
小伙子,快下来吧 免得弄伤自己咯。
I can take it apart with my eyes closed.
我闭着眼睛都能把它拆了。
Thanks to me,
他们得感谢我。
they'd finally get to fire a shot in anger.
终于有了,发炮的机会来发泄愤怒。
I have a feeling it wasn't exactly
我有种感觉。
what Comrade Lenin had in mind
这大概不是列宁。
when he advocated the redistribution of wealth.
当年所倡导的财产重新分配。
But I wasn't the only one
但我不是唯一的。
offering a crash course in capitalism.
提供他们资本主义速成课程的人。
I had rivals.
我有竞争对手。
Inform your commanding officer
请通报指挥官。
that Simeon Weisz is here to meet him.
席米恩·怀斯求见。
You don't know who I am, do you?
你不认识我吧?
I don't give a fuck who you are.
我管你是哪棵葱!
You're late.
你迟到了。
So it appears.
似乎是。
妙语佳句
1.sophisticated
adj. 复杂的;精致的;久经世故的;富有经验的
v. 使变得世故;使迷惑;篡改(sophisticate的过去分词形式)
So there are more sophisticated approaches, some of them are mechanical.
那么这里还有更复杂的方法,有的人是无意识的。
2.get off
v. 动身;免于受罚;从…下来;脱下(衣服等)
I get off at the next stop and walk back toward them.
我在前面一站下了车,转身迎面朝他们走过去。
3.in anger
生气地,愤怒地
Whether he comes to you in anger or merely to give you a patronising pat on the back, you are done for, cracked in either case.
他是生气地冲你走过来还是仅仅在你的后背屈尊俯就地拍一拍,不管在哪种情况下,你都完蛋了。
4.distribution
n. 分布;分配
They were then given another $2, which they could give either to the person directly above or below them in the distribution.
然后他们又被给予了2美元, 这笔钱他们可以直接给予在分配中比自己高或者低的人.
考考你
翻译
1.我闭着眼睛都能把它拆了。
2.但我不是唯一的提供他们资本主义速成课程的人。
上期答案
1.Ten thousand Kalashnikovs for a Your stocks are battalion.
2.I even landed a squadron of helicopter gunships.