影视精讲《战争之王》第50期:荒野求生
日期:2013-04-22 23:44

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Yuri Orlov.Ow! Fuck!
我是尤里·奥洛夫!噢,操!
You run from us?
还想逃?
No, Mbizi. No!
不,恩比西,不要
Can you run with no legs?Let me make him disappear, Mr Valentine.
废了你的双腿看你怎么逃?我可以让他消失 .
Around here, people disappear all the time.
这里天天有人失踪
I can't do that.
我不能那样做
Look where we are. Who will know?
荒郊野外...谁会知道?
We will.He's gonna get what's coming to him.
起码我们知道.他会得到报应的
I'm not as certain.
这个我不那么肯定
All right, get up.
起来
What's the charge?
罪名是?
What are you doing in Sierra Leone...
你在塞拉利昂干嘛?
I'm on safari.
狩猎旅行
Yeah? You're hunting wildebeests,with a submachine gun?
是吗?猎野兽?用机关枪?
Do you also work with the Park Service?
你也替公园管理局工作?
Hunting without a license, is that the charge?
我的罪名是无照狩猎吗?
Why are we playing games?You traffic arms.
装什么傻?你私运军火
Trade.
是买卖
Trade.Traffic.
买卖.就是私运
You get rich by giving the poorest people on the planet the means to continue killing each other.
你提供世上最穷的人们互相屠杀的工具
Do you know why I do what I do?I mean, there are more prestigious assignments.
以此致富 知道我为什么要干这行吗? 我能选择其他更荣耀的任务
Keeping track of nuclear arsenals,
比方追查核武
You'd think that's more critical to world security,but it's not.
你认为那对世界和平更重要?不对!
No, nine out of ten war victims today are killed with assault rifles and small like yours.
今天十个战争受害者中有九人是死于攻击性来福枪和小型武器 正如你的商品
Those nuclear missiles?They sit in their silos. Your AK-47?
那些核飞弹?它们还在发射筒里坐着呢
That is the real weapon of mass destruction.
你的AK-47才是大规模杀伤性武器
I don't want people dead, Agent Valentine.
瓦伦丁特工,我不想害死人
I don't put a gun to anybody's head and make them shoot.
我没拿枪指着别人的脑袋要他开枪
I admit, but shooting war is better for business,
我是说,他开一枪,对我的生意有好处
but I prefer people to fire my guns and miss.
但我希望人们使用我的枪但不打死人
Just as long as they're firing.Can I go now?
只要他们开枪就行.我能走了吗?
You've got nothing on me. Except cuffs.
我身上没有你想要的 除了手铐之外
Since you're so concerned with the law,you must know that I'm legally
既然你要讲法.那你一定知道
permitted to hold you for twenty- four hours
我能合法的拘留你24小时
without charging you.You might ask why I would do that and I can assure you.
而不起诉你.或许你会问,我为什么要这么做
It's not because I enjoy your company,because I don't.
我保证不是因为我喜欢你陪我.因为我不喜欢
No, the reason why.I'll delay you for every second
原因是.在许可的24小时内
of the permissible twenty-four hours
我要居留你每一秒钟
Is I'm delaying your deadly trade and the deaths of your victims.
我就拖延了你的致命武器去杀人以及那些受害者的死亡
I don't think of it as taking a day from you...but giving a day to them.
我不认为我拿了你一天..而是多给他们一天 ...
Some innocent man, woman, or child is going to have an extra day
因为你不自由.所以世上有些无辜的
on this earth because you're not free.
男人、女人、小孩才能多活一天
So, I will see you in twenty-three hours
所以...23小时55分钟后...
and fifty-five minutes, hm?
我会再来
Valentine knew he didn't have to guard me.There was nowhere to go.
瓦伦丁知道他不必守着我.我也没地方可逃
Or maybe he was hoping the locals.would tear me apart.
或许他希望 .当地人会把我分尸
But they were too busy with the plane.It's like parking your car
但他们忙着玩我的飞机.就像停了一辆好车
in certain neighborhoods in the Bronx.You just don't do it.
在纽约布朗区.你绝对不会这么做
The way I looked at it.it's the way of Africa, maybe life.
以我的观点来看.这只是非洲的自然现象 或是生命的自然现象
Everything that comes from the earth.eventually returns.
所有从自然来的东西 .最后终将回归自然
Even a 40-ton Atonov-12 cargo plane.
即使40吨的安通纳12型货机也一样

妙语佳句

Trade
vt. 要求;需要;想要;命令
vi. 要求,规定

Britain concluded a trade agreement with China.
英国和中国签署了贸易协定.

Guard
n. 警卫;狱吏,看守;护卫队;防护装置
vt. 保卫,守护;看守;加防护装置;谨慎使用
vi. 警惕;警卫

Gunmen guarded homes near the cemetery with shotguns...
持枪者手持猎枪守卫着墓地附近的房子。
The prisoners overpowered their guards and locked them in a cell.
囚犯们制服了监狱看守,并将他们锁进了牢房。

Concerned with
关心;涉及;忙于;与…有关

Its problems are concerned with finding solutions to everyday situations.
它关心的是寻找解决日常问题的办法。

剧情百科

安德烈·巴特思二世,一个比自己父亲更加疯狂和残暴的统治者。尤里在初见时就不大想与其交谈,因为巴特思二世处处为难着他。其中还让尤里赠他一把兰博之枪M60。

考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.

1.辞职来得十分意外。

2.他还有各个层级的管理经验。

A:本期答案见下期

上期答案:
1.The ministry had direct control over every aspect of foreign trade.
该政府部门直接掌控着外贸的各个方面。

2.Social anthropology is centrally concerned with the diversity of culture.
社会人类学主要关于文化多样性.

分享到
重点单词
  • massn. 块,大量,众多 adj. 群众的,大规模的 v.
  • exceptvt. 除,除外 prep. & conj. 除了 ..
  • tearn. 眼泪,(撕破的)洞或裂缝,撕扯 vt. 撕掉,扯下
  • innocentadj. 清白的,无辜的,无害的,天真纯洁的,无知的
  • celln. 细胞,电池,小组,小房间,单人牢房,(蜂房的)巢室
  • planetn. 行星
  • assaultn. 攻击,突袭 vt. 袭击,突袭
  • cargon. 货物,船货
  • diversityn. 差异,多样性,分集
  • licensen. 执照,许可证,特许 vt. 允许,特许,发许可证给