影视精讲《战争之王》第03期:意识到我的命运
日期:2012-11-08 17:38

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

To remind us there is something...
时时提醒我们。  
above us.
上面有人类的主宰。  
I like that.
我喜欢那样想。  
I'm going to temple.
我要去(犹太)教堂。
You're not going to temple.  
别去!
You go to temple more than the rabbi.  
你比牧师去得还勤。
Get off my back, woman.  
你这女人少管我的事。
God, will you ever wise up?   
老天!你什么时候才能清醒点儿?
Yuri, don't forget to check  
尤里,别忘了去看一看。
the specials at the Palace. 
皇宫酒店的特价。
Growing up in Little Odessa,  
在小奥德萨长大。
murder was everyday part of life.  
人杀人是家常便饭。
Russian mobsters had also migrated.  
俄罗斯黑帮。
from the Soviet Union.   
也从苏联移民到了这里。
and when they came to America, 
而且他们来美国时。
their baggage came with them.  
还带着家伙呢。
There was always some gangster.  
社区里。
getting whacked in my neighborhood,  
每天都有些帮派份子斗殴。
but I'd never seen it with my own eyes.  
只是我从没亲眼见过。
I had this knack of showing up five minutes before something went down,  
每次我总是早五分钟。
or five minutes after.
或晚五分钟。
Not that day.  
但那天不一样。
It hit me.   
这一枪打醒了我。
It couldn't have hit me harder 
枪打中他们带给我更大的震撼。
if I was the one who'd been shot.  
就像打在我身上一样。
You go into the restaurant business...  
你开饭馆。
because people are always going to have to eat.  
是因为人总是要吃饭。
That was the day I realized my destiny...  
就是那天,我意识到我的命运。
...lay in fulfilling another basic human need.  
是为了提供人们的另一种生活必需品。

妙语佳句
1.get off
动身;免于受罚;从…下来;脱下(衣服等)
Democracy would take us where we wanted to go, not our own effort. Sometimes you have to get off and push.
民主会把我们带到我们想去的地方,但光靠我们的努力还不行,有时候要下车推一推。
2.rabbi
拉比(犹太人的学者);法师;犹太教律法专家;先生
When Regina grew up, she became a teacher like most women her age, but what she truly wanted was to be a rabbi.
当她长大以后,她像那个年代大部分其他女人一样成为了一名教师,但是她真正的梦想是成为一名拉比。
3.wise up
使知道;使了解;告诉
Sometimes people have to repeat the same mistake a number of times when there is something hard they don't want to learn, before they finally stop acting stupid and wise up.
有时候,在人们最终停止做蠢事并明智起来前,不得不多次重复地犯同样的错误,因为有些东西很难,而他们不愿意学。
4.gangster
匪徒;暴徒;极好的;强盗
But as he pressed toward the door he saw the larger gangster waving to him, a leer on his square face, and Kostya did not resist.
不过,就在他向门口挤去的时候,他看到了那个大块头在向他招手,他的方脸上挂着一丝暧昧的神态。 克斯特亚没有拒绝。
考考你
翻译
1.在小奥德萨长大人杀人是家常便饭。 
2.就是那天,我意识到我的命运是为了提供人们的另一种生活必需品。
上期答案
1.I'm not gonna tell you a pack of lies to make me look good.
2.When I was a boy, my family came to America.

分享到
重点单词
  • actingn. 演戏,行为,假装 adj. 代理的,临时的,供演出
  • checkn. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案
  • democracyn. 民主,民主制,民主国家
  • leern. 秋波,抛媚眼,(挑逗或恶意的)瞥视 vi. 送秋波
  • minutesn. 会议记录,(复数)分钟
  • resistv. 抵抗,反抗,抵制,忍住 n. 防蚀涂层