生活英语情景主题: 人生的阶段(2)
日期:2009-07-14 13:25

(单词翻译:单击)

文本

A: What was the biggest turning point in your life?
你这辈子最大的人生转折点是什么?
E: I guess I would say that would be moving out of my parents’ house for the first time.
我想应该是第一次从我父母家里搬出来的时候。
A: Really? Why is that?
真的吗?为什么这么说?
E: After I moved out of my parents’ home, I became a lot more independent.
从我父母家搬出来意味着我开始独立了。
A: What would say was the lowest point in your point?
哪段日子可以算是你一生中最低潮的时光?
E: That would definitely be getting a divorce.
那一定是离婚的那段日子。
A: what went wrong?
你们夫妻之间出了什么问题?
E: We just weren’t right for each other.
我们只是不适合彼此。
A: How long were you married?
那段婚姻持续了多久?
E: That marriage only lasted about a year.
大概一年吧。
A: Have you remarried since then?
后来你又再婚了吗?
E: Yes, I got married to a man that I met shortly after I divorced my first husband.
我和我前夫离婚后不久就遇到了这个人,嫁给了他。
A: Do you think you’ll ever get a divorce again?
你觉得你还会再离婚吗?
E: I hope not. My first marriage was a mistake, but this one isn’t.
我希望不会。我的第一次婚姻是个错误,但这次可不是。
A: How long have you been married?
你们结婚有多久了?
E: About 15 years now.
已经有15年了。
A: Do you think you’ll still love him when he’s old and grey?
你觉得等他老了,头发白了你还会一直爱他吗?
E: I think so. Hopefully we’ll have a long and happy life together.
我会的。希望我们俩能一起快乐,长久地生活下去。
A: I’m sure you will.
我相信你们会的。

重点词汇
Turning point: 转折点
The day I decided to change my career was the big turning point in my life.
我决定换一种职业的那天是我人生的一个重要的转折点。

The lowest point: 最低潮
The lowest point in my life was probably when I lost my job at the BBC.
我这辈子最倒霉的时候恐怕就是丢了BBC的工作。

Old and grey: 头发灰白
Will you still love me when I am old and grey?
当我老了,头发白了,你是否会一直爱我。

go wrong: 出错,不对劲
The sum is wrong, but I can't see where I went wrong.
总数错了,可是我看不出哪里算错了


分享到