(单词翻译:单击)
职场社交英语 Lesson 71:他不生我的气?
SCENE④ B 电话响起 戴夫与吉娜继续说话
【他不生我的气?】
Dave: He's not mad at me?
戴夫: 他不生我的气?
Zina: 1) Not at all. He says your being a lying, cheating, 2) backstabbing spy really helped to 3) motivate him.
吉娜: 完全没有。 他说你这个说谎、背叛、玩阴的间谍,大大地激励了他。
Dave: Is that what he says? [ 4) chuckling]
戴夫: 他这样说?(咯咯笑)
Zina: After he found out you were spying for WebTracker, he worked like a man 5) possessed.
吉娜: 在发现你为“网路搜寻家”卧底之后,他就像着了魔似地疯狂工作。
Dave: So 6) in a way, I'm responsible for InfoKing's great success?
戴夫: 那么就某方面而言,“资讯王”的大胜还是我的功劳?
Zina: That's right. You should be proud.
吉娜: 没错。你应该感到自豪的。
Dave: Oh, I feel so much better.
戴夫: 喔,我好过多了。
语言详解:
A: I think that kid is possessed.
我觉得那孩子被附身了。
B: No, he's just screaming because he's angry.
不,他只是因生气而大叫而已。
【I feel so much better. 我好过多了。】
这句话也可以说I feel much better. 不过年轻人可能还是喜欢用对话中的那一个句型。
A: The photos you took the other day came out really nice. Better than the last time.
前几天你拍的照片洗出来很漂亮,比上一次好。
B: Oh, I'm glad you like them. I feel so much better.
喔,很高兴你喜欢。我好过多了。
与so much better 很相近的短语是so much the better,意思是“这样就要好了。”
Try to run a mile a day, and if you can do two so much the better.
每天设法跑一英哩,如果你能跑两里,那就更好了。
1) Not at all 一点也不。这句话亦可用来回答别人的道谢。
2) backstab (v.) 从背后偷袭,陷害
3) motivate (v.) 激励
4) chuckle (v.) 咯咯笑
5) possessed (a.) 被鬼附身的,不由己的。
6) in a way 就某方面而言