(单词翻译:单击)
职场社交英语 Lesson 62:我计诱你和盘托出
SCENE① B 吉娜与戴夫继续在停车场说话
【我计诱你和盘托出】
Dave: Come again? What are you talking about? Aren't we 1) on the same team now?
戴夫: 再说一次?你在说什么?我们不是在同一阵线了吗?
Zina: 2) Guess again, Dave. I have no 3) intention of leaving InfoKing. Never did.
吉娜: 猜错了,戴夫。我没有离开“资讯王”的意思。从来没有。
Dave: What do you mean? You didn't? Oh, no...No!
戴夫: 此话怎讲?你没有?喔,死了......不!
Zina: That's right, Dave. I 4) tricked you into giving a 5) confession. And I've recorded every word of it.
吉娜: 没错,戴夫。我计诱你和盘托出。每个字都被我给录下来了。
Dave: But how? So you knew 6) all along I was with WebTracker? How did you know?
戴夫: 可是怎么会这样?那你从头到尾都知道我是“网路搜寻家”的人?你怎么知道的?
Zina: I saw your green post-it notes. Nobody else has them.
吉娜: 我看到了你的绿色便利贴。没有其他人用那种颜色。
语言详解:
A: What intentions do you two have about getting married?
你们俩打不打算结婚?
B: We'd like to get married this spring, if possible.
如果可能,我们希望在今年春天。
【Never did. 从来没有。】
这个惯用语通常不会独立使用,总是跟着一句否定句之后。在此对话中,Never did 说明
I never bad the intention of leaving InfoKing. 我未曾有离开“资讯王”的意思。
A: Don't you want to study in Europe?
你不想到欧洲上学吗?
B: I haven't thought of going there. Never did.
我没有想过要去那里。从来没有。
1) be on the same team 在同一队。亦即“在同一阵线”
2) Guess again“猜错了。”这句短语不是真要对方再猜一遍,主要告诉对方他给错答案了。
3) intention (n.) 意向,意图
4) trick someone into... 计诱某人...
5) confession (n.) 告白,招认
6) all along 自始至终