职场社交英语 Lesson 39:你这个疯婆娘!
日期:2006-02-19 13:17

(单词翻译:单击)

职场社交英语 Lesson 39:你这个疯婆娘!

SCENE④ C 在吉娜的隔间

【你这个疯婆娘!】

Elvin: ZINA! You 1) fruitcake! Who do you think you are, promising we'd be ready next week!?

艾文: 吉娜!你这个疯婆娘!你自以为是谁啊,敢承诺别人我们下星期就会准备好?

Zina: Cool it, Elvin. Don't call me names.

吉娜: 冷静点,艾文。别骂人嘛。

Elvin: I'll call you whatever I feel like! You're an out-of-control, 2) arrogant, stupid sales horse!

艾文: 我爱怎么骂就怎么骂!你这个失去控制、自大又愚蠢的死业务员!

Zina: 3) Watch your mouth, Elvin, or I'll tear that ring right out of your nose!

吉娜: 嘴巴放干净一点,艾文,不然我就把你的鼻环给扯下来!

Elvin: I'd like to see you try!

艾文: 我倒想看看你敢是不敢!

Zina: Do you mean that?

吉娜: 你是说真的?

语言详解

A: Why won't Thomas ever say he's sorry?

为什么汤玛斯从不说抱歉。

B: He's too arrogant to admit he's wrong.

他自负得不敢承认错误。

【call me names 骂我】

call me names这里的me是受格,而且names是复数,意思是指“(有人)骂我”,可不是Somebody calls my name.“(有人)叫我名字”。

A: You are an idiot. You stupid, stupid fool.

你是个白痴。你这个愚蠢到家的笨蛋。

B: Hey, stop calling me names. You're hurting my feelings.

嘿,别骂我。你伤害到我的感情了。

A: Was there anything interesting at the meeting yesterday?

昨天会议上有什么有趣的事吗?

B: Not much, except that they started to call each other's names at the end.

没有什么,只是到末了他们开始互相辱骂起来。

1) fruitcake (n.) (俚)疯子,古怪的人

2) arrogant (a.) 骄傲的,自负的

3) Watch your mouth. 嘴巴放干净点。这句话用于对方出言不逊之时。

分享到
重点单词
  • tearn. 眼泪,(撕破的)洞或裂缝,撕扯 vt. 撕掉,扯下
  • arrogantadj. 傲慢的,自大的
  • scenen. 场,景,情景
  • exceptvt. 除,除外 prep. & conj. 除了 ..
  • promisingadj. 有希望的,有前途的