职场社交英语 Lesson 41:你不打算想想办法吗?
日期:2006-02-19 13:19

(单词翻译:单击)

职场社交英语 Lesson 41:你不打算想想办法吗?

SCENE① B 艾文跌跌撞撞进了文斯的隔间

【你不打算想想办法吗?】

Elvin: Aren't you going to do anything? You've got to 1) get rid of her!

艾文: 你不打算想想办法吗?你得把她给除掉!

Vince: I'm afraid that isn't possible.

文斯: 这恐怕不可能。

Elvin: What are you talking about? Fire her! Tell her to hit the road!

艾文: 你在说什么?开除她!叫她走路!

Vince: I can't do that. Zina has 2) convinced our 3) investors that she knows what's best for InfoKing.

文斯: 我办不到。吉娜已经说服了我们的投资人说,她知道什么对“资讯王”最好。

Elvin: What? You mean to tell me that wacko is 4) in charge now? How?

艾文: 什么?你要告诉我现在是那个怪胎管事?怎么会?

语言详解:

A: Judd doesn't want to go swimming with us.

贾德不想跟我们去游泳。

B: I'll try to convince him.

我来试着说服他。

【hit the road 上路】

hit the road听起来简洁有力,意思就是“上路”,不论是离开一地,去下一个地方,或是出门旅行,你都可以用上hit the road这个表达法。

A: It's getting late; we need to get home and check on the children.

天色晚了;我们得要回家去看看孩子。

B: OK, let's hit the road.

好,我们上路吧。

A: Johnny just likes to drive his mom's car and hit the road around seven a.m.

强尼就是喜欢开着他母亲的车,在上午七点钟左右出门。

B: What's the big deal?

那有什么大不了?

A: Johnny is only six years old.

强尼只有六岁。

1) get rid of... 摆脱……

2) convince (v.) 说服,使相信

3) investor (n.) 投资者

4) be in charge 管事,作主

分享到
重点单词
  • scenen. 场,景,情景
  • convincevt. 使确信,使信服,说服
  • checkn. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案
  • convincedadj. 信服的
  • investorn. 投资者