职场社交英语 Lesson 17:她整个人热力四射
日期:2006-02-19 11:45

(单词翻译:单击)

职场社交英语 Lesson 17:她整个人热力四射

SCENE② B 艾文与玛莉在意式浓缩咖啡前出现

【她整个人热力四射】

Elvin: She is, like, 1) mega-intense, isn't she?

艾文: 她整个人热力四射,对吧?

Mary: Ha, she is unstoppable. I'm learning so much from her.

玛莉: 没有事情能挡得住她。我跟她学了好多。

Elvin: What's it like to work with her?

艾文: 跟她共事是啥感觉?

Mary: She's 2) demanding. But I like that. I mean, I know our timeline is tight.

玛莉: 她的要求很高。但我喜欢那样。我是说,我知道我们的时间很紧。

Elvin: Tell me about it.

艾文: 这还用说。

Mary: You guys are working around the clock, I know. That guy Dave next to Zina never leaves.

玛莉: 我知道你们都在二十四小时赶工。那个坐在吉娜隔壁叫戴夫的人从没离开过。

Elvin: Vince wants us to have everything 3) debugged and ready to go by the end of the month.

艾文: 文斯要我们把程序错误全部修正,准备在月底前上线。

语言详解

A: Your mother is so demanding!

你妈妈的要求真高!

B: That's what my dad always says.

我爸爸也总是这么说。

【around the clock 日以继夜】

由clock 组成的成语除了around the clock 之外,另有一个against the clock“赶时间”。

A: Frank, why does your factory have to work around the clock this month?

佛兰克,为什么你们工厂这个月要日以继夜地赶货?

B: Well, we have got quite a lot of orders for shipment this quarter.

我们最近收到相当多订单,都要这一季出货。

A: In other words, you are all working against the clock now.

换句话说,你们现在全都在赶时间。

B: You're right.

你说对了。

1) mega-intense intense是指“紧张的、一触即发的”,字首(prefix) mega是“非常,相当多”的意思,亦指 “百万的”,如 megabyte“百万位元组”。

2) demanding (a.) 要求很高的

3) debug (v.) (电脑)除虫,指修正电脑程序中的错误。

分享到
重点单词
  • shipmentn. 装船,货物,出货
  • demandingadj. 要求多的,吃力的
  • frankadj. 坦白的,直率的,真诚的 vt. 免费邮寄,使自
  • intenseadj. 强烈的,剧烈的,热烈的
  • scenen. 场,景,情景