职场社交英语 Lesson 50:新来的程序设计师行吗?
日期:2006-02-19 13:33

(单词翻译:单击)

职场社交英语 Lesson 50:新来的程序设计师行吗?

SCENE① B 文斯与艾文在男洗手间里

【新来的程序设计师行吗?】


Vince: 1) How are Zina's new programmers working out?

文斯: 吉娜找来新的程序设计师行吗?


Elvin: I hate to 2) admit it, but they're good. And fast. The 3) Filipino kid is a 4) genius.

艾文: 我不愿意承认,不过他们很行。而且手脚又快。那菲律宾小子是个天才。


Vince: So you'll make the Stars.com 5) deadline, and have us up and running next week?

文斯: 所以你们能赶上Stars.com给的最后期限,我们下星期就能上线运作?


Elvin: It'll be close, but we'll make it.

艾文: 时间很紧迫,但我们会赶上的。


Vince: Good. After Stars.com starts paying us, we won't need Vikam's cash anymore.

文斯: 好。等Stars.com开始付我们钱之后,我们就不再需要“维康”的现金了。


Elvin: And if we don't need them, we won't need Zina, either.

艾文: 而且若我们不需要他们,我们也就不会需要吉娜了。

语言详解


A: Tom is clever,really.

汤姆真的很聪明。


B: I know. He's practically a genius.

我知道。他算得上是天才。


【be up and running 开始运作】


be up and running 是指开店运作或是一项计划付诸实行。

A: What have you been doing lately?

你最近在忙些什么?

B: Well, I've been trying to get my surf shop up and running. It's a lot of work.

呃,我在忙我那冲浪店开店运作的事宜。很费工的。

be up and running也可指如汽车等机械组件的开始运作,或是电脑程序、整个系统的运作。

A: How is the computer program?

那个电脑程序情况如何?

B: It's up and running, but we need to watch it for a few weeks to make sure everything is OK.

已开始运作,但我们还要观察几个星期以确定没有问题。

1) How...work out? ……进展如何?……表现如何?

2) admit (v.) 承认

3) Filipino (n.) 菲律宾人

4) genius (n.) 天才

5) deadline (n.) 最后期限

分享到
重点单词
  • scenen. 场,景,情景
  • geniusn. 天才,天赋
  • surfn. 海浪拍岸,冲浪 vi. 冲浪,浏览 vt. 浏览