职场社交英语 Lesson 69:灵验了吗?
日期:2006-02-19 14:05

(单词翻译:单击)

职场社交英语 Lesson 69:灵验了吗?

SCENE ③ C 电话响起

【灵验了吗?】

Zina: Hi, Dave. This is Zina.

吉娜: 嗨,戴夫。我是吉娜。

Dave: Zina? Zina the Snake?

戴夫: 吉娜?诈包吉娜?

Zina: I got your e-mail a couple of months back.

吉娜: 几个月前我收到了你寄来的电子邮件。

Dave: Yeah? Which one was that?

戴夫: 是吗?是哪一封?

Zina: The one that said, "You're a 1) creep. / From me you won't hear another 2) peep. / I hope you 3) wreck your jeep."

吉娜: 上面写着:“你这讨厌鬼。/休想我会再理你。/望你吉普车会撞毁。”

Dave: Right. That one. 4) Did it work?

戴夫: 那一封啊。灵验了吗?

语言详解:

A: I told dad you wrecked the car!

我跟老爸说你撞坏车子了!

B: You're not going to get away with this. It was your fault, not mine.

你脱不了关系。都是你的错,不是我。

【Did it work? 灵验了吗?】

要注意work 并不专指“工作”,有时指“灵光、有效”。

A: My brain doesn't seem to work well today.

我脑袋今天好像不灵光。

B: You're better take a walk outside. But be back soon. We have a lot of work to do this afternoon.

你最好到外面走一走。但是要快快回来,我们下午有一大堆事要做。

A: I understand you had a bad cold yesterday.

我听说你昨天患了重感冒。

B: It's gone. My grandma's prescription really works.

已经痊愈了。我祖母的处方真的有效。

1) creep (n.) 令人讨厌的人

2) peep (n.) 小的声音。这里是指“消息”。

3) wreck (v.) 撞毁

4) Did it work? 有用吗?有效吗?

分享到
重点单词
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • scenen. 场,景,情景
  • prescriptionn. 药方,对策,开处方
  • faultn. 缺点,过失,故障,毛病,过错,[地]断层 vt.