(单词翻译:单击)
So, these are all great words to use, to add when you're talking about percentages.
在描述比例的时候,加上这些单词都非常好。
Now let's talk about a little bit more about percentages.
现在我们再稍微讲讲比例。
Okay, so now let's look at some general ways to talk about percent.
现在我们来看一些笼统地描述比例的方式。
We've already talked about specific, using words like "50%", "half", "a third".
我们已经讲过了用像"50%", "half", "a third"这样的表达来描述具体比例。
What about if you don't really want to speak so specifically?
万一你们不是很想讲得那么具体呢?
Well, I have here some different expressions you can use.
我这里有些你们可以用的不同的短语。
So, before we get to those, I have a new pie chart.
在开讲之前我要画个新的饼状图。
Now, again, you will not see something this simple on the IELTS, this is very simple to help you learn.
还是一样,雅思考试中是不会出现这么简单的题目的,这个之所以这么简单是为了方便你们学习。
So, imagine if this red, little slice, if this represents coffee, and imagine if this green represents tea,
假设红色的这一小块代表的是咖啡,绿色的部分代表着茶,
and this is how much...you know, how much I drink in a day.
这是......我一天喝的量。
So, I drink very little coffee, and I drink lots and lots of tea.
可以看得出来我喝的咖啡很少,喝的茶很多很多。
Okay? And you have to describe this, so, instead of saying the specifics, okay, you know,
你们要描述这个饼状图,那么,不说具体数字的话,
what we can tell from this is that this is a small amount, coffee is a small amount, and tea is a very large amount.
我们从图中能看得出来的是这是很小的数量,咖啡的数量很少,而茶的数量非常大。
So if we wanted to talk about this, we could use the words: "a small fraction".
所以如果我们想描述它,可以使用 "a small fraction"(小部分)。
So, this is a small fraction, "A small fraction of the total is coffee." Okay?
这就是很小的一部分,我们可以说:"A small fraction of the total is coffee."(占总量很小的那部分是咖啡)。
We could also say: "a small percentage", we're not saying specifically what it is.
我们还可以说"a small percentage"(小部分),不说具体是多少。
"A small percentage is coffee.", "A small number is coffee.", "The lowest percentage is coffee.",
可以说:"A small percentage is coffee.", "A small number is coffee.", "The lowest percentage is coffee.",
"A very small percentage is coffee.", and "A very small proportion is coffee."
"A very small percentage is coffee."和"A very small proportion is coffee."。
These, essentially, all mean the same thing, they're different ways to say a small amount, okay, or a small percent.
这些本质上都是一个意思,只是表达"少量"或者"一小部分"的不同方式。
So, we can also change up the sentence structure a little bit. Okay?
我们还可以稍微变换一下句子结构。
So, for example, if I start with coffee, I can say: "According to the pie chart, coffee makes up a small fraction of the total."
比如,如果以咖啡开头,我可以说: "According to the pie chart, coffee makes up a small fraction of the total."(根据饼状图所示,咖啡占了总量的一小部分)。
"Coffee makes up a small percentage of the total.", "Coffee makes up a small number of the total."
可以说"Coffee makes up a small percentage of the total.","Coffee makes up a small number of the total."。
"Coffee makes up the lowest percentage of the total.", "Coffee makes up a very small percentage of the total.",
或者"Coffee makes up the lowest percentage of the total.", "Coffee makes up a very small percentage of the total.",
and finally, "Coffee makes up a very small proportion of the total."
还有最后一种:"Coffee makes up a very small proportion of the total."
I can also add the percent, if I want to, here.
如果我想的话还可以在这里加上比例。