(单词翻译:单击)
Uncle Scott wants a word with you.
斯科特叔叔要跟你说点事
He has some thoughts on the aliens
一些对付外星人的想法
he thought might be useful.
他觉得没准能帮上忙
Happy to talk to him
我先找点吃的
after I get a little food.
之后再去找他
Oh, what I wouldn't give for an egg...
现在能吃个鸡蛋让我干什么都行
Some bacon... a hash brown.
一点熏肉 一张土豆饼
White or wheat?
白面的还是小麦的
English muffin, fork split, with enough butter
英式松饼 叉子叉碎 多加黄油
that would make a doctor such as yourself worry about my heart.
就是一盘你们大夫说有损心脏的好菜
You know, you never gave your opinion.
你从来没发表过意见
On?
对什么事
The rights of the civilians.
平民的权利
I don't think I've ever been to acton before.
我应该没来过阿克顿
It's a nice town.
这小镇还真不错
Civilians versus the military it's an age old question.
军民矛盾 这是老问题了
What side do you come down on?
你是哪一边的
I think civilians are a liability and a hindrance.
我觉得平民不利战斗 有些碍事
And I also feel
另一方面又觉得
that they're the best motivation we have to fight.
他们是我们投身战斗的最大动力
No!
不对
This way!
这边儿
Just kick it!
直接踢就是
Kick it! Yeah!
踢啊 太好了
Come on! Come on, guys!
过来 过来伙计们
Here you go.
给你
Biology.
生物
Biology.
生物
Biology, biology
生物 生物
It's from a greek word meaning "life discourse."
源于希腊语里的"生命学说"一词
That's from the dictionary.
字典里是这么说的
But you know what it is to me?
你们知道我是怎么理解的吗
To me,
我认为
it is the study of the most miraculous gift
生物学是对我们人类
that has ever been bestowed on us.
被大自然赠与的最神奇特性的研究
It is the study of the wonder and the beauty
它是对生命本身的神奇 美妙
and the mystery that is life itself,
以及神秘性的研究
and to study it is to
研究的方向是
Well, is to learn humility
学习谦逊
and responsibility and gratitude, right?
责任以及感恩 对吗
Yeah, Matt?
说吧 马特
We're not grateful for skitters.
我们对突击者没什么可感恩的
No. No, we are not grateful for Skitters, right?
对 的确 我们不感谢突击者
And we're not grateful for parasites or cancer, either.
我们也不感谢寄生虫或者癌症
But they are part of life,
但是它们却是生命的一部分
and we're grateful
我们要对
for the chance to study them,
能有机会研究它们而心存感恩
right?
对吗
And hopefully by studying them,
而且希望借由对他们的研究
we'll be able to better figure out how to kill them, right?
我们能找到对策将其消灭 对吗
Right?
对吗
Yep. You bet.
对 必须的