(单词翻译:单击)
《名人传记》之史蒂夫·乔布斯传 06
People are complaining about your behavior.
大家对你的行为很不满
Okay? And, yeah. About mine?And your odor.
怎么啦? 没错 有关我的?还有你身上的味道。
Are you showering like we discussed?
我要你去洗澡 你洗了吗?
I'm wearing shoes. You asked me to wear shoes, and I've got them on.
你要我不要打赤脚 我已经照做了,我确实穿上鞋子了
That's not part of the deal, Steve.You've gotta learn how to work well with other people.
这不是问题的关键所在 史蒂夫,你得学会跟别人共事。
I'm just trying to do it right, Al.I know you are.Then let me.
我只是想把事情做得好一些,我知道,那就别管我。
Listen, Steve!You're good. You're damn good.But you're an asshole.
听着 史蒂夫!,你很棒 非常棒!,但你就是个浑球。
Well, that...
呃 天哪...
Hey. Let me finish.I want you here. I really do.Something's gotta change.
嘿 让我说完,我想让你待在这里 我真心这样想,但你必须改变自己。
Give me my own project. What?Give me my own project.
让我独自做一个项目 什么?把我自己的项目交给我做。
I'll do it on my own.And I'll make the best damn game you have ever seen.
我独自一人完成,我会做一个你从没见过的好游戏。
You're serious.Okay, Steve.I need someone to reprogram a troublesome game.But I'm on a tight deadline.So if you can deliver,we'll pay you up to $5,000.
你说真的,好吧 史蒂夫。我需要有人重新制作一些有问题的游戏,但是我时间上很紧张,如果你能如期完工,我会付给你5 000美元。
$5,000? Mmm-hmm.Okay.
5 000美元 呣...好的
And as for your personal issues, I think I may have a solution.
至于你的个人问题 我有办法能解决
《乔布斯传》第二十二章 再度降临 151
His frustration with Apple was evident when he gave a talk to a Stanford Business School club at the home of a student, who asked him to sign a Macintosh keyboard. Jobs agreed to do so if he could remove the keys that had been added to the Mac after he left. He pulled out his car keys and pried off the four arrow cursor keys, which he had once banned, as well as the top row of F1, F2, F3 . . . function keys. “I’m changing the world one keyboard at a time,” he deadpanned. Then he signed the mutilated keyboard.
乔布斯对苹果的沮丧是显而易见的。有一次,他在一个学生家里给斯坦福商学院俱乐部成员演讲,那个学生请他在一个麦金塔的键盘上签名。乔布斯说,如果能把他离开苹果后加到Mac上的键都拿掉,就可以签名。他拿出汽车钥匙,抠掉了他曾经禁止使用的四个箭头光标按键,还有最上面一行的“F1、F2、F3……”等功能键。“我在一次一个键盘地改变世界。”他面无表情地说。然后他在残缺不全的键盘上签了名。
During his 1995 Christmas vacation in Kona Village, Hawaii, Jobs went walking along the beach with his friend Larry Ellison, the irrepressible Oracle chairman. They discussed making a takeover bid for Apple and restoring Jobs as its head. Ellison said he could line up $3 billion in financing: “I will buy Apple, you will get 25% of it right away for being CEO, and we can restore it to its past glory.” But Jobs demurred. “I decided I’m not a hostile-takeover kind of guy,” he explained. “If they had asked me to come back, it might have been different.”
1995年圣诞节,在夏威夷的康娜度假村休假时,乔布斯跟他的朋友甲骨文强势的董事长拉里·埃利森在海滩散步。他们讨论收购苹果,然后让乔布斯回去重掌大局。埃利森说他可以安排30亿美元的融资。“我会买下苹果,你作为CEO会立即获得25%的股份,我们可以重现它过去的辉煌。”但是乔布斯却表示反对。“我认定我不是那种能做恶意收购的人,”他解释说,“如果他们请我回去,那就不一样了。”
By 1996 Apple’s share of the market had fallen to 4% from a high of 16% in the late 1980s. Michael Spindler, the German-born chief of Apple’s European operations who had replaced Sculley as CEO in 1993, tried to sell the company to Sun, IBM, and Hewlett-Packard. That failed, and he was ousted in February 1996 and replaced by Gil Amelio, a research engineer who was CEO of National Semiconductor. During his first year the company lost $1 billion, and the stock price, which had been $70 in 1991, fell to $14, even as the tech bubble was pushing other stocks into the stratosphere.
到1996年,苹果的市场份额已经从80年代末的高达16%下降到4%。1993年取代斯卡利担任苹果CEO的迈克尔·斯平德勒(MichaelSpixidler),试图把公司卖给太阳微系统、IBM和惠普。失败后,斯平德勒在1996年2月被吉尔·阿梅里奥(GilAmelio)取代。吉尔是一位研发工程师,曾任国家半导体公司的CEO。在他任期的第一年,苹果公司亏损了10亿美元,股票价格从1991年时的70美元暴跌到14美元,而当时,高科技泡沫正把其他股票的价格推向史无前例的高点。
