电影《爱不胜防》第40期:这不算是虐待动物吧?
日期:2013-08-02 20:29

(单词翻译:单击)

视听原文

What happened to "two birds, one stone"?
"一石二鸟"的事怎么样了?
Eloise, they never would’ve given me that bird.
艾洛伊丝 他们不会给我那只鸟的
One bird’s all I could manage.
我的能力仅够处理一只
Trust me. You don’t know that.
相信我 你怎么知道
I cut my losses.
我计算过得失
If she wanted this bird turned loose,
如果她想让这只鸟回归自然
this is the way to get it done.
就只有这个办法了
Okay. All right.
好吧
This isn’t animal cruelty or something, is it?
这不算是虐待动物吧?
It wasn’t my idea. It was your idea.
又不是我的主意 是你的
It wasn’t my idea. It was her idea.
不是我的 是她的
Well, let’s let him decide.
那么 我们让他来决定
Okay.
好的
This looks like a good place, so I guess this is goodbye.
这看起来是个好地方 那么我想该说再见了
Go on.
去吧
Come on, Rocky. Fly away.
去吧 洛奇 飞走吧
Come on, let’s go! Giddyup!
快 走吧!
You’ll see the world. Come on. Meet some girls.
去探索世界 去吧 会些姑娘
No, come on.
不要 快走
Go on, get out of here.
走吧 离开这里
No, Rock. Come on. Go.
不要 洛奇 快走
Come here.
过来
Fly away. Rocky, look at me.
飞走 洛奇 看着我
Giddyup! Giddyup!
快走!快走!
All right, now you’re pissing me off.
好吧 现在你把我惹火了
You want to go back to Semper Fi’s house?
你想回"永远忠诚"的家?(海军陆战队队训暗指她爸)
All right, you know what? You’re on your own.
好吧 你知道什么? 我不管你了

重点讲解

重点单词:
1、manage
vt. 管理;经营;控制;设法
vi. 处理;应付过去
Within two years he was managing the shop.
两年内他经营着该商店。
2、cruelty
n. 残酷;残忍;残酷的行为
Britain had laws against cruelty to animals but none to protect children.
英国曾有反对虐待动物的法律,却没有一部保护儿童的法律。
3、decide
vt. 决定;解决;判决
vi. 决定,下决心
She decided to take a course in philosophy.
她决定修一门哲学课。
重点短语:
1、happen to
发生于;偶然发生
Yes, it could happen to any of us, but yesterday it happened to them.
是的,这可能发生在我们任何一个人身上,但是昨天却发生在他们身上了。
2、get out of
逃避;避免
It's amazing what people will do to get out of paying taxes.
人们为逃税所做之事令人吃惊。
考考你(翻译):
1、对政府管理经济的能力缺乏信心。
2、殴打比自己弱的人是一种残忍的表现。
3、在你决定之前慎重地考虑。
答案下期公布:
上期答案:

1、The company has indeed become more commercial over the past decade.
2、Calling her by her real name had always been one of his teases.
3、Since you have more free time now, why not start up a new business?

分享到
重点单词
  • protectvt. 保护,投保
  • commercialadj. 商业的 n. 商业广告
  • decaden. 十年
  • rockyadj. 岩石的,像岩石的,坚硬的,麻木的,困难重重的
  • crueltyn. 残酷,残忍,残酷的行为,虐待