影视精讲《怦然心动》第43期:计划受挫
日期:2012-07-23 13:17

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Juli:On the morning of the auction, I wason edge.
在那个拍卖会的早晨 我左右为难了
I found myself, without even knowing how it happened,
我发现自己不知不觉中
staring at my egg money.
总盯着卖鸡蛋的存钱盒看
I needed a strategy.
我需要制定一个计划
It was simple.
很简单
If I left my money at home, I'd leave temptation with it.
如果不带钱的话 我就不会胡思乱想了
My strategy suffered a setback when I ran into Mrs. Steuby.
但当我碰到斯杜比太太时 计划受挫了
Mrs. Steuby:Julianna.
朱莉安娜
Julianna.
朱莉安娜
Hello, dear.
你好 亲爱的
I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to get this to you...
实在抱歉 我拖了这么长时间
but I keep missing you in the morning.
我今天一早上都没找到你
Juli:Mrs. Steuby, I don't want that. You don't have to...
斯杜比太太 我不想要这钱 算了吧
Mrs. Steuby:No, don't be ridiculous. Of course I'm gonna pay you.
不 别傻了 我怎么能白吃你的鸡蛋呢
I'm going to pay you. I don't want that. I don't want it.
我得付你钱 我不想要 我不要
Yeah, I want you to go out and buy yourself something festive.
拿去给自己买点好看的衣服
Pedal pushers. Ha, ha.
买条七分裤怎样
Juli:Mrs. Steuby. Bye, dear.
斯杜比太太 再见 亲爱的
Mrs. Steuby, I don't want pedal pushers.
斯杜比太太 我不想要七分裤
Mrs. Steuby:No, no. You'll look great.
不 你穿着会很好看的
Juli:It's okay.
那好吧
It's okay. No big deal. Just pretend like I don't have it.
没事 没什么大不了的 就当没有
I hear you're planning to bid on Bryce.
听说你要竞拍布莱斯
What? Who told you that? No, I'm not.
什么啊 谁告诉你的 不是的
Someone saw you witha wad ofcash this morning.
有人看到你今早拿着一沓钱
How much do you have? It's none of your business.
你带了多少钱 不关你的事
And I'm not bidding, okay? I don't even like him anymore.
我今天不竞拍 我也已经不喜欢他了
Oh, that'll be the day.
太阳真是从西边出来了
It's true. Go ahead, waste your money on him.
真的 去吧 在他身上浪费你的钱去吧

重点解释

妙语佳句:

on edge:紧张不安, 急切

He is all on edge to have a look at it.

他急于想看一看那个东西。

suffer a setback:受挫

He suffered a setback in his business.

他在生意上遭到挫折。

ran into:偶然碰见

Guess who I ran into today.

你猜我今天碰见谁了。

a wad of:一沓; 一捆

There are a wad of bank notes in the bag.

包里有一叠钞票。

考考你:

实在抱歉,我拖了这么长时间。

有人看到你今早拿着一沓钱。

上期答案:

I was deciding which of the Everly Brothers I'd rather marry...
Because rumor has it Sherry's already staking her claim on him.
I could feel myself backsliding about Bryce.

分享到
重点单词
  • pedaln. 踏板 adj. 脚的,踏脚的 v. 用脚踏动,踩踏
  • ridiculousadj. 荒谬的,可笑的
  • strategyn. 战略,策略
  • pretendv. 假装,装作 adj. 假装的
  • setbackn. 顿挫,挫折,退步
  • rumorn. 谣言,传闻 vt. 谣传
  • temptationn. 诱惑,引诱
  • festiveadj. 欢乐的,节日的,喜庆的
  • claimn. 要求,要求权;主张,断言,声称;要求物 vt. 要