影视精讲《怦然心动》第37期:翻旧账
日期:2012-07-16 14:03

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Juli:As I wasgetting dressedfor the Loskis' dinner party
当我为参加洛斯奇家的晚宴换衣服时
I found myself staring at the painting my father had given me
我不由地注视着爸爸送我的那幅画
and became furious all over again.
又一次怒不可遏
Bryce had never been a friend to me, ever.
布莱斯从来都不是我的朋友 从来不是
He hadn't taken my side about the tree;
砍树时 他不站在我这边
he'dthrown awaymy eggs;
他扔了我的鸡蛋
and he made fun of me at my uncle's expense.
还取笑我叔叔的花费
When my mother called that it was time to go...
当妈妈叫我该走了的时候
Mother:Juli, let's go, we're late!
朱莉 我们走吧 迟到了
Juli:I went out with every intention of telling her
我非常想冲出去告诉她
that I wasn't going to the Loskis for dinner.
我不去洛斯奇家吃饭
Mother:Honey, please hold these.
亲爱的 帮我拿着这些
I need to check my hair really quickly one more time.
我得赶紧再看看我的头发
Honey, your hair is perfect. Really?
亲爱的 你的头发很漂亮 真的吗
Juli:But she looked so happy
但是她看起来那么开心
and she'd gone to so much trouble over the pies
她还花了那么多功夫做馅饼
that I couldn't.
我不能扫她的兴
Mother:My gosh. God, what a disaster.
天啊 老天 差一点
Okay. Here, hold one, and you hold this.
好啦 给 端着 你端着这盘
I don't wanna hold it. I won't have you hold it.
我不想端 我不会让你端的
Let's go, boys.
我们走吧 小伙子们
Juli:But that didn't mean I had to be nice to Bryce.
但那并不意味着我得对布莱斯客气
And I don't wanna speak to you.
我不想跟你说话
Not now, not ever.
现在不想 永远不想
It felt good to take charge.
掌握主动权的感觉不错
I felt strong,in control.
我感到强大自信
I told Bryce what I thought
我告诉了布莱斯我的想法
and I was determined not to talk to him forthe rest ofthe evening.
还决定那天晚上不再和他讲话

重点解释

妙语佳句:

get dressed:穿衣服

After I get dressed, I have breakfast.

我穿好衣服后就吃早饭。

dinner party:晚餐会

The two young people came together at a dinner party.

这两个青年人在一次晚宴上相遇。

stare at:凝视

They stared at the strange sight in silent wonder.

他们惊讶地默默凝视那奇景。

throw away:扔掉,

That's rubbish you can throw it away.

那东西没用--你把它扔了吧。

take charge:掌管

John will take charge of the next meeting.

约翰将主持下一次会议。

in control:控制

Enemy forces are in control of the city.

敌军控制著这座城市。

determine to do sth:下定决心干某事

She is determined to do regardless of all consequences.

她不顾一切后果,决心这样做。

the rest of:其余的

Soon I dropped behind the rest of the class.
不久我就落在班上其他同志后面了。

考考你

我不由地注视着爸爸送我的那幅画。

布莱斯从来都不是我的朋友,从来不是。

掌握主动权的感觉不错。

上期答案:http://www.kekenet.com/menu/201207/190396.shtml

I heard you and Garrett making fun of my uncle in the library.
And how did Juli know about all that stuff?
Did you know it was wrong when he said it?

分享到
重点单词
  • rubbishn. 垃圾,废物,废话 v. 贬损
  • determinedadj. 坚毅的,下定决心的
  • controln. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置 vt. 控制,掌管,支
  • intentionn. 意图,意向,目的
  • checkn. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案
  • starev. 凝视,盯着看 n. 凝视 v. 显眼,(毛发
  • disastern. 灾难
  • determinev. 决定,决心,确定,测定