(单词翻译:单击)
原文视听
Is that a rooster?
那是公鸡吗
No, it looks like a chicken.
不 看起来像普通鸡
How can you tell?
你怎么知道
It just does.
一看就知道
See what I mean? Expertise.
看到了吧 这就是精通
Shh, shh! What?
嘘 嘘 怎么了
Juli.
朱莉
Here, guys.
快来吃
Go on, there you go.
继续 快吃吧
Here, guys. Go on.Yeah, they're all chickens.
给 接着吃 没错 都是普通鸡
There's no rooster? What did I just say?
没有公鸡吗 我不是刚说了吗
How can you tell?
你怎么知道
Well, none of them are strutting. Here, come on.
没有那种昂首阔步的鸡 给 来啊
Roosters strut? Come on, guys.
公鸡昂首阔步吗 来吃啊
What did I just say? Here.
我不是刚说了吗 给
Plus, hardly any of them have any rubbery red stuff.
而且它们几乎都没长红色肉瘤
What are you doing? Yeah. They're definitely all chickens.
你在干什么 它们绝对都是普通鸡
They're all chickens.
都是普通鸡
I'm proud of you, Bryce.
我为你骄傲 布莱斯
You overcame your fear.Huh?
你克服了自己的恐惧 什么
You talked to her. Oh, heh. Yeah.
你和她说话了 噢 是啊
It's no big deal.
没什么大不了的
That's what she told you? They're all chickens?
她怎么和你说的 都是普通鸡吗
Yeah.
是啊
She's a genius. You're both genius...
她是个天才 你们都是天才
Of course they're all chickens.
当然都是普通鸡
A rooster's a chicken. The question is:
公鸡也是普通鸡 问题是
Is one of them a rooster or are they all hens?
有没有公鸡 或者说是否全是母鸡
Hens? Who said anything about hens?
母鸡? 什么时候提到过母鸡
Then it hit me.
我明白了
Garrett didn't know jack shit about chickens.
伽利特根本不懂鸡
重点解释
生词快记:
strut:趾高气扬地走
plus:conj.并且
overcome:克服
definitely:肯定地
词汇精解:
tell:v.告诉;吩咐;讲述;表达;辨别;判断;泄露;告发;产生效果
It's very kind of you to tell me the truth.
你真好,告诉我这真相。
【词义辨析】
say,speak ,state ,talk, tell 这些动词均有“说、讲”之意。
say: 最普通常用词,指用语言表达思想,着重所说的内容。
I must say I didn't like the cut of his jib.
说实在的,我不喜欢他那个样子。
speak: 侧重于说话动作的本身,着重说话的能力而不在内容,比如能说某种语言。
Don't speak like that. It sounds insincere to me.
别这样讲话,这样我听起来感到不诚恳。
state: 较正式用词,通常指用明确的语言或文字着重地叙述事实,既强调内容又注重语气。
State the fact in witness of his guilt.
叙述事实以证明的他的罪状。
talk: 普通用词,侧重指与人交谈时的连续说话,可指单方面较长谈话,和speak一样,着重说活动作而不侧重内容。
I encourage them to talk all mutually.
我鼓励他们都互相交谈。
tell: 指告诉或讲述。
高频词组:
be proud of:以 ... 自豪
He was proud of what he had done.
他因自己所作的事感到自豪。
It's no big deal.
没什么大不了的。
