影视精讲《怦然心动》第29期:朱莉引发的争吵
日期:2012-07-07 19:48

(单词翻译:单击)

砰然心动

Brothers:Who cares what they think? Yeah, who cares?
谁在乎他们怎么想 对 谁在乎呢
Trina:I care. Trina.
我在乎 翠娜
Richard:Let's not get into this.
我们别为这个动气好吗
Trina:No, I'm tired of living like this, Richard.
不 我受够了 理查德
I'm tired of having to take temp jobs just to make ends meet.
我受够了总要做零工来贴补家用
I'm tired of having to push a chair up against the washing machine...
我受够了老得用椅子顶住那洗衣机
...just to keep the door shut.
才能关上门
I'm tired of having to borrow Mrs. Steuby's vacuum cleaner...
我受够了每当我们的吸尘器坏掉时
...every time oursbreaks down.
都要去借斯杜比太太的
Richard:Do you think this is the life I pictured for us?
你觉得我想让大家过这样的日子吗
Sometimes you have to sacrifice to do the right thing.
有时为了该做的事 你就得做点牺牲
We always end up agreeing
我们每次商量后都一致认为
that Devonhurst is the right thing for Daniel.
送丹尼去德文霍斯特是应该的
Trina:Well, maybe we should start thinking about what's right for us.
也许我们该想想 为自己什么是该做的了
Our daughter is suffering because we won't fix up our own yard.
女儿因我们没有修理自己的院子而遭耻笑
Richard:It's not our yard.
这不是我们的院子
Trina:How can you say that, Richard? How?
你怎能那么说 理查德
We've lived here for 12 years...
我们在这住了12年
...and for 12 years we've been saying it's temporary, but it's not.
12年来我们一直说只是暂住 但并不是
This is our home.
这就是我们的家
Is it wrong to wanna live somewhere you can be proud of?
想住一个可以引以为豪的地方有错吗
To have enough to send your kids to college?
攒够钱送孩子去大学有错吗
Maybe it's time we considered government care.
或许是时候考虑一下政府的福利机构了

重点解释

妙语佳句:

be tired of( + ing):厌倦, 不耐烦

He was tired of running errands for his sister.

他已厌烦给姐姐当跑腿了

break down:文中意思“停止运转”,除此之外还有“崩溃,彻底失败”之意。

The telephone system has broken down.

电话系统失灵了。

He broke down and wept when he heard the news.

他听到这个消息时不禁痛哭起来。

be proud of:以 ... 自豪

He was proud of what he had done.

他因自己所作的事感到自豪。

Who cares what they think?谁在乎他们怎么想。

Let's not get into this.我们别为这个动气好吗?

经典台词:

One’s character is set at an early age. I'd hate to see you swim out so far you can't swim back.  
从小看到老,我可不愿看到你做边城浪子回不了头。

  

The way she talked about what it felt like to be up in that tree to be held above the earth, brushed by the wind. Who in junior high talks like that? This weird feeling started taking over in the pit of my stomach and I didn't like it.
她说起那种置身树梢的感觉时说就像被高高举起,微风拂面。哪个初中生会说出这样的话呢?这种怪怪的感觉在我胃里翻腾,我不喜欢这种感觉。

考考你:(答案可从文中找,下期公布)

我受够了。

我受够了总要做零工来贴补家用。

你觉得我想让大家过这样的日子吗?

想住一个可以引以为豪的地方有错吗?

上期答案:http://www.kekenet.com/menu/201207/189383.shtml

I mean, how much can grass seed cost?

I could pay for it with my egg money.

The Loskis have been throwing away my eggs.

分享到
重点单词
  • vacuumn. 真空,空间,真空吸尘器 adj. 真空的,产生(利
  • sacrificen. 牺牲,供俸,祭品 vt. 牺牲,祭祀,贱卖 vi.
  • temporaryadj. 暂时的,临时的 n. 临时工